Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tripp Research 45 Cobramags any good?

rrflyer

Right now I have kind of a hodge podge of different mags I'm using. Chip, Novaks, no name, etc...

I'm looking to buy some new ones so I have a consistent setup and there seem to be some mixed reviews on these.

I'm looking at the 8 rounders. I really like that hybrid feed ramp.

So any opinions on them in a STI Trojan?

I have 9 of them. I bought them at the end of November for running SS this year. Since then, I've shot my first 7 USPSA matches with them, including Area 8, VAMD Sec. and Summer Blast. High round count stuff.

Anyhow, my point is that they're extremely easy to clean --- push the big button on the bottom and they come right apart, they're tough as nails.... oh...... and with all that shooting I never had a jam. Zero failures. All lead SWC handloads.

Virgil makes a kick ass mag and they work.

If you get the 10 rounders for L-10 in SS gun, get the ones with alum. base bad. The polymer ones will eventually wear and on a slide lock reload you can over run the slide stop.

I know, I know, we never do slide lock reloads, but stuff happens.

• 1 month later...
Right now I have kind of a hodge podge of different mags I'm using. Chip, Novaks, no name, etc...

I'm looking to buy some new ones so I have a consistent setup and there seem to be some mixed reviews on these.

I'm looking at the 8 rounders. I really like that hybrid feed ramp.

So any opinions on them in a STI Trojan?

They are working great in my Trojan, more consistent slidelock than with the Wilson ETMs.