Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Enhanced Vision Through Practice ?

I've been doing some visual training, watching everything shooting the berm, shot calling practice,

eye target snap, etc..

Yesterday while mowing the lawn, I know it's a stretch, I was turning the weedeater upsidedown and edging with

it when I noticed I could randomly take a flash photo and see the string stop. :surprise: Kind of like a strobe effect..

Was I calling the shot on where the cut is going ?? :roflol: I dont know, just an observation ... :wacko:

Am I just trippin...

Edited by DIRTY CHAMBER

A friend of mine lets his wife put 10 items on a bed in a dark room. He then looks at the bed and she flaches a camera flash once. He then gives her what he saw and where what was on the bed. Seems to work rather well for him.

After being distracted by the link to Dirty Chamber's avatar for 30 minutes I read something about a dark room, a bed, a camera....I love this forum.

Yesterday while mowing the lawn, I know it's a stretch, I was turning the weedeater upsidedown and edging with it when I noticed I could randomly take a flash photo and see the string stop. :surprise: Kind of like a strobe effect..

If you have read BEnos' book, you'll remember about the fan blade example ... ;)

Cool stuff!

You can train yourself to improve almost anything that is within your limits of control. Here is an example. For a number of years, I worked in Army hospital medical laboratories. A whole lot of the work is routine but you have to be on your toes just the same. Looking at a blood smear under a microscope and counting the ratio of different kinds of white blood cells is extremely tiring on the eyes. You have to go fairly fast or the work just piles up but you also have to be on the lookout for abnormalities. So, you learn to focus on the white cells and "blurr out" everything else - but when there is something abnormal in that background fog, you have to be able to pick it out. With practice, you will find that you are no longer looking for abnormality, you are looking for normality such that something abnormal seems to jump out as being out of place.

I have yet to reach the point where I can call the shot consistently, but I'm getting better at being able to call the misses. I'm getting used to seeing the target in a certain relationship to the gun when I shoot and seem to get a flash image when things are too far out of alignment. It may not be calling the shot, but it's a step in the right direction.

As an aside, while I'm getting better at calling shots, the off-axis shots still freaking me out - I'm not having any luck calling them.

• 2 weeks later...
As an aside, while I'm getting better at calling shots, the off-axis shots still freaking me out - I'm not having any luck calling them.

What do you mean by "off-axis" shots?

Are you absolutely certain you're never blinking?

be