Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GLock 17 for PRODUCTION

turbocomp38s

I just picked up a model 17 and added the Sevigny comp sights with fiber optic front, Tru grip, and I just ordered a vanek tuned 3.5 connector. I don't plan on changing anything else excepting maybe adding a grip plug. I am not interested in a super light trigger so I did not go with the full glock trigger kit.

I am not interested in a super light trigger so I did not go with the full glock trigger kit.

I think most of the "lightness" comes from a lighter striker spring. Not only does it potentially cause light strikes- personally I don't like the feel of the reset on the lighter triggers I've tried for Glocks. I use the Vanek with the medium striker spring and really like it. I'm sure others may have different experiences but this is what I personally have observed.

Thanks lugnut. My friend has one of the vanek trigger kits in his model 35. I can see why guys love his stuff but frankly for me, I think the transistion from that trigger to the other pistols I am shooting with is too great. The connector will be a starting point for me. It is great to hear about other experiences and points of view when it comes to the feel of a trigger. Thanks again.

Any recommendation on the rig with regards to mag pouches and holsters??? Thanks in advance again !!! Really appreciate it.

I have a Blackhawk CQC and pouches which I like, but Blade Tech, Comp Tac, plus a couple of others are good to go too. See what you like.

Any recommendation on the rig with regards to mag pouches and holsters??? Thanks in advance again !!! Really appreciate it.

Some folks swear by the BladeTech DOH (Drop Offset Holster), other like Comp-Tac gear. I started shooting with a G17 and got the BladeTech holster with both the DOH (for USPSA) and belt attachments (for IDPA). I switched to a G34 and lucked into a free BlateTech belt holster for it. The 34 would fit the 17 holster but with about 1/2" sticking out the bottom.

I use BladeTech double pouches and a Wilderness 5 stitch belt.

Bruce

Blade-Tech DOH for G34/35 (If you like it you may end up using it with a 34 or 35 in the future. If you don't like it, it will be easier to sell here on BE. Same price from Blade-Tech)

Blade-Tech/comptac/cr speed/mag pouches

CR Speed belt

That's what you will see the most of out there. It's a pretty good set-up.

• 2 weeks later...
I am not interested in a super light trigger so I did not go with the full glock trigger kit.

I think most of the "lightness" comes from a lighter striker spring. Not only does it potentially cause light strikes- personally I don't like the feel of the reset on the lighter triggers I've tried for Glocks. I use the Vanek with the medium striker spring and really like it. I'm sure others may have different experiences but this is what I personally have observed.

To my feel it appears that the lighter striker spring alone reduces the pull about the same as a 3.5 connector alone. A lighter striker spring with a stock striker would give me an occasional light strike on winchester primers but worked flawlessly with federals. I swapped in a lightened steel striker from Lightning Strike and have no issues with winchester primers anymore.

Slav