Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a brief lodging update for the Gator Classic. Lodging in the area is still uncertain, but some places are starting to have rooms available. I just spoke with Hampton Inn (1728 Martin Luther King Blvd, Houma, LA - (985) 873-3140‎) and they have 8 doubles and 8 king study rooms (suites with extra pullout bed, I believe) available for 10/24 and 10/25/08. The match motel (Days Inn, Thibodaux) is still putting people on a call-back list waiting for rooms to open up. I also called Fairfield Inn (Houma) and they did not have any rooms.

There are other motels in Houma that I did not call, but may have rooms. Here is a link for anyone who is interested.

Doc here!!

The LA GATOR CLASSIC 2008 is on, as most of you already know. Though some of the man-made structures at the range did sustain some damage, the Gator Classic will not be hindered in any way.

Hotel rooms are available and there will likely be more leading up to match time. Worst case scenario is having to utilize hotels in New Orleans, Laplace, Gonzales or Baton Rouge. Things are pretty much back to normal and FEMA people are leaving everyday. As previously mentioned, Day Inn in Thibodaux has set aside 30 rooms that they have guaranteed will remain available for the Gator Classic. Those rooms are filling up and you must mention "Gator Classic." It is not the only hotel in the area. Hotels in Houma should have rooms available in the coming weeks, as well.

The match will be the usual 12 stages and over 325 rounds of "run & gun" fun. We do have the couple of obligatory "speed" shoots. But the remaining 10 will prove to be as fun and challenging as ever.

Please feel free to direct any questions regarding this match to me. If I don't have the answer, I will find it. You can count on it being the "official word." You may also email me: drjkev@msn.com

ONLINE SQUADDING IS NOW AVAILABLE.

Edited by shooter dude

Stick to your own thread devil water pusher :roflol:

Hey, a couple of us went on a business to New Orleans once in the mid-80's during the world's fair and stayed in Pat O'Brian's for some 7 or 8 hours arguing about what color the commemorative Fair drink was (it's blue, it's green, better order another round to make sure). We got out around 4 a.m. and found to our shock that Bourbon Street does in fact close down SOMETIME! The intelligent thing to do would have been turn around and go back Pat O'Brians. But no, we made away through the darkened and deserted streets back to the Hilton! Scary!

Stick to your own thread devil water pusher :roflol:

Hey, a couple of us went on a business to New Orleans once in the mid-80's during the world's fair and stayed in Pat O'Brian's for some 7 or 8 hours arguing about what color the commemorative Fair drink was (it's blue, it's green, better order another round to make sure). We got out around 4 a.m. and found to our shock that Bourbon Street does in fact close down SOMETIME! The intelligent thing to do would have been turn around and go back Pat O'Brians. But no, we made away through the darkened and deserted streets back to the Hilton! Scary!

Hmmm. Sounds like a typical night for tourists in the Quarter. ;-) Musta been a good time. Have had similar debates myself in Pat O's and other local dives. There's always someplace open in the Quarter, ya' just have to know where to look.

Doc, I must be missing something. It only allows me to select the "unsquadded" squad, saying I'm already squadded in squad O. Is it not fully operational at this point or am I just dumb...on second thought, please don't answer the latter question :roflol:

Curtis

Doc, I must be missing something. It only allows me to select the "unsquadded" squad, saying I'm already squadded in squad O. Is it not fully operational at this point or am I just dumb...on second thought, please don't answer the latter question :roflol:

Curtis

Sorry Curtis, online squadding has been scrapped due to circumstances beyond our control. The old fashioned way of squadding will still work. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks.

doc

Not a problem, Doc...just thought I was missing something. Actually, I usually enjoy the surprise of waiting to see who I end up squadded with. Got to shoot with a few forum folks from outside our area in the past. And between the Gator and the Mississippi Classic, I think there was only one occasion where my squad mates weren't pleasant company and failed to pull their weight on the taping and reset front.

No complaints here...couldn't pick better for myself. Keep up the good work :cheers:

Curtis

Hoping to squad with Hank Ellis so we can continue the "Battle of Mid-C Production Shooters" from where we left off last year :roflol:

Curtis

I'll be there. Dug out the ammo from the rubble of my home and it's good to go. Gun and gear are fine so I'm ready for a rematch of the "Battle of Mid-C Production Shooters".

Live 1.25 hours from the range so I'll commute from the house.

If I can get my password I'll squad up with BayouSlide. Any other middle C Production shooters want in on the fun?

WORKING OR NOT, ONLINE SQUADDING IS NOT THE OFFICIAL SQUADDING FOR THE MATCH. THE INFORMATION IS WRONG ON THE SITE. PLEASE DISREGARD THAT MESS. THAT SQUAD LISTING WILL NOT BE HONORED BY THE MATCH. SQUADDING REQUESTS THAT HAVE BEEN MAILED IN WILL BE HONORED.

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL WORD, STRAIGHT FROM THE HORSES MOUTH: UNLESS YOU HEAR SOMETHING DIFFERENT FROM GARY THIBODEAUX OR MYSELF, DOC, THERE WILL BE NO ONLINE SQUADDING FOR THE GATOR CLASSIC 2008.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK HERE OR VIA DIRECT EMAIL: drjkev@msn.com

Thanks.

doc

Hoping to squad with Hank Ellis so we can continue the "Battle of Mid-C Production Shooters" from where we left off last year :roflol:

Curtis

I'll be there. Dug out the ammo from the rubble of my home and it's good to go. Gun and gear are fine so I'm ready for a rematch of the "Battle of Mid-C Production Shooters".

Live 1.25 hours from the range so I'll commute from the house.

If I can get my password I'll squad up with BayouSlide. Any other middle C Production shooters want in on the fun?

Hank, I'll drop an e-mail to Doc and request that he squad us together if possible.

Curtis

Just got a look at the stages for the Gator. They are butt-kicking! :cheers: Not very wheel gun friendy, but who cares, we all shoot it the same. This will be a hell of a match. Looking forward to this. These may be more of a nightmare than the nationals were :surprise:

See you in about three weeks and a couple of days.

Actually, the stages are more revolver friendly than they appear on paper. We knew we would have quite a few wheel gunners, around a dozen, so far. The stages are mostly "run & gun" and will require a lot of reloads for wheel guns, but there are only a few spots that require more than six rounds from any single spot. They always look different on paper. Once they are constructed, the round distribution will become clearer.

Edited by shooter dude

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot wait to get down to match - this is one I look forward to all year!! I had such a great time last year and folks down there are so friendly!! Great stages, Great Food, Great People and a great Prize Table - what more can you ask for? Ok - no Hooter girls tapping targets but hey!!