Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ75 Mag upgrade question

speedy169

I would like to get a CZ75 SA in 40 to shoot some L10 and Maybe some Limited because I love my 9mm CZ for shooting production. What is the difference in frames and mags between a CZ75 and a TS. Is it passable to put the higher cap TS mags in a plain CZ75 SA? I just can't see spending double the money on a TS for more capacity. The SP-01 would be an option if the 40 was available.

The only thing I do like about the TS is you can pop a Bo-mar style sight on the back. The CZ75 would have to be machined for that.

I would like to get a CZ75 SA in 40 to shoot some L10 and Maybe some Limited because I love my 9mm CZ for shooting production. What is the difference in frames and mags between a CZ75 and a TS. Is it passable to put the higher cap TS mags in a plain CZ75 SA? I just can't see spending double the money on a TS for more capacity. The SP-01 would be an option if the 40 was available.

The only thing I do like about the TS is you can pop a Bo-mar style sight on the back. The CZ75 would have to be machined for that.

There's a bit of difference in the magazine size and frame width of the standard 75's and the TS. The mags will not interchange.

The TS is a more substantial gun all around, the differences are much more than capacity. More like the difference between a plain Ford F-150 vs. a F-450...

Edited by Middle Man

+1 to what Middle Man has mentioned, he's dead on.

You can get basepads for the TS to get 20 rounds and with it's substantial heavier weight it handles major power factor recoil much better than the CZ 75B SA .40S&W. I had thought to use the SA .40S&W as a back up to my TS, but they are too different and there are +1 maybe +2 round basepads available for the SA .40S&W which will only give you 13+1 or 14+1 (good luck getting that 2nd round in that basepad-CPMI). So, really it's onlly useful in Limited 10, but you could probably get it sprung correctly to handle the major pf .40S&W.

Good luck.

I use a CZ75B SA for Limited 10. I must agree with what everyone has posted already. This firearm is really only good for Limited 10. If you want to use a CZ for Limited get the TS. They're totally different sized pistols. They should've called the TS a CZ 97TS in .40s&w as this would be a more accurate discription of the firearm.

Dave

Edited by dwr461

They should've called the TS a CZ 97TS in .40s&w as this would be a more accurate discription of the firearm.

Dave

I've got the 97 and the TS and even they too are quite different. You are right, though, the TS is more like the 97 and I wish they had just used the same frame. The 97 is more like the standard 75, but just bigger IMO.

-Albert