Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what bullets in your Witness Supers?

skip62

hey all, since I can't get Zero JSP in 115 reliably, I'm looking for another bullet with great availbility. I hate working on loads when I could just be practicing. I like 115's, but if I have to go to 125 to get availability, I will.

Thanks,

Skip

hey all, since I can't get Zero JSP in 115 reliably, I'm looking for another bullet with great availbility. I hate working on loads when I could just be practicing. I like 115's, but if I have to go to 125 to get availability, I will.

Thanks,

Skip

Zero 125gr supers have always worked great for me in Open.

Leo

Whatever bullet you choose, just make sure they are round nose. Hollow points will drive you insane.

Right now I'm using Winchester 124 gr. Round nose. They are .3555" diameter with exposed lead base and shoot pretty well, though I have to do some comp scraping every few thousand rounds to get the lead out. Frankly, they were what was available when I confirmed just before Area 5 that HP's won't run reliably. I have about 8K JHP Zeros (.356") which work fine for ten round magazines (Canada) but will jam intermittently in hi-cap. They are however, insanely accurate so if you can get Zeros in round nose, you won't be sorry. The Tanfos seem to really like .356.

• 4 months later...