Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 gun/ bolt actions?

great!

I assume Uspsa has it someplace in the rules, so I'll take a look (now that I know what to look for)....

any links or other info would be most welcome!

I've been reading about 3 gun here on the forum, but I prefer bolt actions over autos. And for handguns I prefer revolvers over autos, so :ph34r:

Edited by HitEcRedNek

yes....key word is SOMETIMES. and normally (only) at 3 gun Nationals....which did not have it last year. And havent heard anything about a MOR side match at this years either. It seems that MOR has about the same following as wheel guns when it comes to competition. We all have them, we all shoot them......but DARN.....there's just something about shooting 20 or more rounds (fast) before you gotta reload!!!

But in answer to your question, as far as a USPSA 3gun match, no....there is not a category for MOR in the main match. You can use one, but you get scored with all semi's. Seems to me that I saw someone using a pump rifle once....but only once.

Just buy an AR, and come to the dark side.....you'll find it is VERY accurate....and very fast.

Edited by TRUBL

I actually did get an AR, a RRA M-4 type carbine. And I sold it just about as fast! It was just so....different. I put on a flip up rear sight and a weaver V-3. But I couldn't get comfortable with it; my accuracy was awful from offhand....plus I didn't like crawling around looking for brass or having to lube the cases for handloading. And I was shocked to find how expensive the white box plinker ammo has become. At $10 a box I couldn't enjoy hosing targets! I guess I'll just stick to pistol for now; but thanks for the info :rolleyes:

Well, if you like it the do like I did and create a match to shoot in. We recently pushed my home range out to just past 500 yards, and will move to 1000 when the land purchase to the north is complete. Bought some MGM flash targets as well as some animal shapes, chicken, pig, turkey, ram. I guess what we do is sort of a modified hunter class match, for now it a run-what-you-brung thing, just no super custom's. Trying to cater to the deer hunters areound here, get them to do more than just check their zero in early October.

First time we set the chicken at 100, the pig at 200, turkey at 300, and ram at 500. Par times for 4 shots per distance, 20 sec/100, 20 sec/200, 25 sec/300, and 45 sec/500. Went okay, but honestly the 100 and 200 was too easy. We are thinking of doing clays at 100 and 200 next time, and the animal steel at 300. Or the MGM flashers.

I'd really like to hear from anyone who is running a MOR match and tell me of your format. If you will, please PM me so we don't run this topic off track. Thanks.

AHHH Chuck is dusting off the old lance for ouyr next round of jousting I see :D If you conme right down to it almost EVERY rifle we shoot is a "bolt" action rifle, it just seems that some bolts move themselves....how do they know??? :sight:

When your only skill is using a sledge hammer the whole world looks like,....well.....something that needs sledging. Now where did I put that archaic M-14 and it,s archaic 20 round magazines....oh it,s right HERE :roflol: