Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W 610 and 625 Triggers

ede

my 610 has a wider trigger. hard to measure but it looks like the 610 is around 7/16" and the 625 is 5/16". based more on feel than preformance i like the 625s trigger better and am thinking of getting the same width trigger for the 610. is there anything i'm over looking or should consider before doing this. i'm fairly new to revolver competition and have much more to learn than what i know. thanks in advance.

Going from memory, triggers can be the following:

.265 serrated

.312 smooth

.400 serrated

.400 smooth

.500 serrated

I am sure I probably forgot something but those are the basics. I know many prefer the .312 smooth, but with very little feeling in my fingers, I prefer the .400 serrated.

If you can take you revo apart and have a Dremel you can take a little off at a time until it is to you liking. Dremel can be a four letter word so you might want someone experienced to do it.

Richard

Right... And which Dremel bit is used to cut the grooves into the trigger? ANYBODY can remove them, but I'm still waiting for the gunsmith who can cut them into my smooth triggers, the same width, depth and spacing as on the factory .265" triggers. Damn the MIM parts and smooth triggers!

Dave Sinko

Right... And which Dremel bit is used to cut the grooves into the trigger? ANYBODY can remove them, but I'm still waiting for the gunsmith who can cut them into my smooth triggers, the same width, depth and spacing as on the factory .265" triggers. Damn the MIM parts and smooth triggers!

Dave Sinko

To cut the grooves you will need the cut off wheel and several empty beer bottles. You may regret the results but the process can be extremely entertaining for your friends.

-ld :devil:

Dave Sinko

Believe it or not, skateboard tape solves the problem rather nicely.

Dave Sinko

To cut the grooves you will need the cut off wheel and several empty beer bottles. You may regret the results but the process can be extremely entertaining for your friends.

-ld :devil:

I'm not sure of the proper beer factor, but I would guess it at about 8-9 bph (beers per hour) befor starting that project. I suggest 2-3 hours of prep time before starting. :cheers:

Jon

I believe smooth, narrow, rounded triggers are best for most shooters. The reason is that most shooters will do their best in double-action mode by pulling the trigger with the distal joint (not the pad) of the index finger. And when pulling the trigger with the joint, you want some "slip" between trigger and finger or the gun tends to be moved sideways as the action is cycled.

I'm willing to admit this is a matter of personal taste, but until Jerry put out his DVD, most serious revolver people preferred smooth, narrow, round triggers.

Damn the MIM parts and smooth triggers!

And I repeat: MIM parts are not a problem on S&W revolvers. I can afford to shoot whatever revolvers I want, and the guns I choose for USPSA competition have MIM parts. There is no downside that I can perceive.

I believe smooth, narrow, rounded triggers are best for most shooters. The reason is that most shooters will do their best in double-action mode by pulling the trigger with the distal joint (not the pad) of the index finger. And when pulling the trigger with the joint, you want some "slip" between trigger and finger or the gun tends to be moved sideways as the action is cycled.

I'm willing to admit this is a matter of personal taste, but until Jerry put out his DVD, most serious revolver people preferred smooth, narrow, round triggers.

I agree.......