Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sugarland

Yes indeed. Neat production...

I was going to post my journey to discovering what this song is about, but it almost seems like a spoiler if I do. I had never heard of the song or the group. The girl is hot!!! (just had to get that out...) It took me an easy 6 times watching it and reading comments about it to figure out what the song is about!

The song is pretty well written. I've heard several of those things from girls over the years, thou not in always the same context. So that brought back memories and made me think. She gets super emotional a couple of times and if it's an act she pulls it off pretty darn good. I don't believe any guy likes it when a girl cries over him so her realism hits the spot. I think even if shes acting its obvious she is drawing from something personal to get so tore up while singing. It would be interesting to know which side of the situation she is re-living...

Overall I thought it was great!!! Very thought provoking...

So here's the challenge. If you don't already know what the tune is about, like me. Watch it and see if you can tell why the hell she is so emotional. Might be that I'm just dense like that, but when I got it a big light came on over my head!!! lol...

She nailed it didn't she.

She was ask a few times if those tears were real. She said yes and she earned every damn one of them.

She had just gone through a divorce when she wrote it.

Edited by vrmn1