Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Prayers for a fellow Shooter!

ghost21

Tommys wife wanted me to tell everyone thather ,tommy and the family appreciate all the prayers and wanted to thank everyone. The doctors say it doesnt look good, but they are going to another doctor and try alternitive medicine. They havent given up hope yet.

Our god is an awsome god and he is always beside all of us one and all!!!!

Thanks

jeff

PS Thanks Flex for getting all

post orginized!

Edited by ghost21

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to check in and let everyone know that Tommy is not doing to good. He has not responded to the latest treatments and the doctors are going to give him , 24 treatments of radiation. To see if that will help, but according to his wife,Tommy is weak,In her words(Tommy is a strong man,but The treatments are taking there toll).

They did have one glimmer of hope,They did another scan of Tommys stomach and intestines and did not find any new cancer.

Tommys wife asked that everyone just keep him and their family in there prayers. And just keep hoping for the miracle we all know can happen at anytime.

Thanks

Jeff

If everyone has not heard by now Tommy Abernathy is not doing well

> > and

> > is not expected to make it through the weekend. Mary-lee has already

> > made funeral arrangements just in case.

> >

> > We are trying to help the family out with the funeral expense so we

> > are asking the league if they can chip in, any little bit helps.

> >

> > The funeral expense is is going to cost well over 5k and they just

> > found out this morning that they only have $2,500 in insurance to

> > cover it.

> >

> > Mary-Lee has enough to worry about with all that is going on and

> > finding the money to cover the funeral expense should be the last

> > thing on her mind in a time like this.

> >

> > Jim Grindstaff is the point of contact and if you can spare a little

> > please give Jim a call.

> >

> > Jim Grindstaff

> > Cell 704-877-8381

> > Office 704-827-1023

This is truly sad news as he has built guns for me as well as performed other work for me on all sorts of guns, rifles included. I walked into his shop 1 afternoon and asked him if he could cut a barrel back to 18" recrown the barrel and thread it for a cooley comp. Not expecting it to be performed right then, but he took the barrel cut it, crowned and threaded it for the comp and timed it so I didnt need a crush or peel washer it just looked seamless like the Jp barrels and comps do. 15 minutes later I was up the road with the barrel ready and only 50 bucks lighter, couldnt ask for better service than that. He made it look so easy when he did it also, like watching a artist at the top of his craft.

I hope he pulls thru, but at least I had the priviledge of knowing him and being able to fellowship with him both on and off the range. The world will be that much poorer when the time comes.

I recieved word today that Tommy past this afternoon. My deepest sympathys for the family. He was a good man and will be missed. :(:(

I will have to shoot especially well tommorrow, I will dig out one of my "Tommy Guns" for tommorrows match. Every A hit tommorrow is in his honor.