Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig P220 SA in CDP?

kimberacp

Ernest Langdon won the 01 (i think) IDPA nationals in cdp against TGO with one...

Nope - Ernie won that with a DA/SA 220 Elite IIRC.

I believe it was a "standard" P220 Stainless; the Elite didn't exist then

Actually - and I say this from having interviewed Ernie for an article - it was indeed a standard P220 ST. To make weight he dumped the stock rubber grips which are hideously heavy and went for a set of wooden grips. (Or was it plastic - I'll have to check the article.)

But yes, neither the Elite nor the SAO existed back then.

• 2 months later...
Actually - and I say this from having interviewed Ernie for an article - it was indeed a standard P220 ST. To make weight he dumped the stock rubber grips which are hideously heavy and went for a set of wooden grips. (Or was it plastic - I'll have to check the article.) But yes, neither the Elite nor the SAO existed back then.

FWIW, my carry gun is an stainless Elite P220 and its the gun I shoot in matches. I ditched the factory wooden grips and installed the "thin" P220 grips. In this configuration, with an empty 8 round magazine and a welded overtravel stop, the gun weighs 40.489 ounces.

Actually - and I say this from having interviewed Ernie for an article - it was indeed a standard P220 ST. To make weight he dumped the stock rubber grips which are hideously heavy and went for a set of wooden grips. (Or was it plastic - I'll have to check the article.)

But yes, neither the Elite nor the SAO existed back then.

Duane, Thanks for the clarification.