Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

E-Clip on Dillon 40 S&W Resize and Decap Die

Hello: I just talked to Dillon today and they are sending me the E-clip and I think he called it a Bellville washer which is different than the wave washer that is on there now. I have broken about 6 E-clips in 10 years or so. Thanks, Eric

Bellville sound a lot like mumble. :roflol: Thanks!

Most of this is an old post, so I'll address this to the last couple posters: do you lube your cases when resizing or run them w/o lube?

I use one-shot. Why make your life harder?

I totally agree and always use lube, but some guys think that carbide is good enough and run cases dry. I figured that could add a lot of stress to e-clip and was wondering if that was causing problems. Guess not. Thanks! :cheers:

Most of this is an old post, so I'll address this to the last couple posters: do you lube your cases when resizing or run them w/o lube?

I totally agree and always use lube, but some guys think that carbide is good enough and run cases dry. I figured that could add a lot of stress to e-clip and was wondering if that was causing problems. Guess not. Thanks! :cheers:

I have been getting quite a few 9mm cases with crimped primers. I am thinking that is taking its toll.

I don't see how lube (or not lubing) would have any impact on the decapping process or the breakage of the clips.

I don't see how lube (or not lubing) would have any impact on the decapping process or the breakage of the clips.

It doesn't. If you use just a decapper you can feel just how little effort it takes to pop a primer out. 99% of the resistance met while sizing is well, the sizing.

I have been getting quite a few 9mm cases with crimped primers. I am thinking that is taking its toll.

Absolutely. Just wait till you hit that odd piece of 380 or 9mm brass where the flash hole is smaller than the decapping pin...

It doesn't. If you use just a decapper you can feel just how little effort it takes to pop a primer out. 99% of the resistance met while sizing is well, the sizing.

Indeed, that was my point. Asking whether the OP lubes or not to ascertain if that is why he is breaking the clips is akin to asking whether he got a full night's rest. :goof:

Could someone post a picture of a decapper with the "new" washer? The Dillon website doesn't show a clear view and all my intact ones have the wave washer.

Thanks!

Chuck

Meanwhile, back at the thread: Can someone please snap a selfie of their decap die?

Edited by ChuckS