Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Turn that puppy down!

I shoot Tuesday Night Steel but normally get out there with plenty of daylight left. Not so tonight. It was getting duskish with long shadows. First two stages I powered up the C-more to full bright and had a heck of a time shooting, particullarly longer shots at smaller plates. Seemed like all I could see was a big, fuzzy red ball. I couldn't get my focus off the dot. Went to my third stage (nobody said I was either quick or bright) and I brought the brightness down to where the dot was very sharply defined in the reticle. Shot the last two stages WAY better.

I guess that is why they have adjustment knobs and not on/off switches huh? :rolleyes:

Another lesson learned, another good day shooting.

Edited by Neomet

I learned really quick that to have any hope of shooting decent I had to run the dot JUST bright enough to see it, but dim enough that I have to look for it to find it. I was able to miss at ALARMING speeds before I figured that out LOL.

I always turn the dot up until I start to see some flare or 'starburst' and then turn it back down just a teeny bit.

Bright, but crisp.

that adjustment is easy outdoors and is what I do as well. Indoors is another matter. For some reason, I always seem to have the 'starburst'.

I guess I'll just live with it :)

dj