Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bolen mag springs...

SLM

Hi Rune,

It isn't supposed to sit level, it sits left side low and was designed that way. I have not had issues in the RHT tubes and Bolen follower, 126 or 140 length. I don't bother with the SPS tubes so I can't help at all there. If the follower is popping out of the top of the mag the lips are too wide. On the RHT tubes the lips need to be kept at something under .390" wide. The good news is that with the Bolen spring and follower with SV +2 wedge pad you get 19 easily reloadable out of the RHT 126 and easy reloading 22 out of the 140 with the 3mm Bolen pad.

Load the mag to capacity several times, the spring will 'set' and the follower will sit at the angle it will stay at until the spring is replaced.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are still reloadable with 19 using the +1 pad, but won't start with 20 in them.

I can't seem to get more than 19 non-reloadable into my Rescomp tubes with the +2 SV (18 in the +1s) wedge pads, let alone 20 to start... Did you end up snipping any coils? :surprise:

Edited by Franksremote

I tried a couple different tubes and pads..

Taking a stock STI tube, and a standard Dawson +1 follower.. mine holds 20, maybe reloadable - no coils clipped..

Are you talking about a IPSC box legal magazine? IMHO impossible!

Holy smokes. I ordered one 11 coil spring and follower from SC and tried them today. 20 rounds, easily reloadable in a standard STI tube. It is locking back with one in the mag, but I haven't trimmed the follower at all yet.

That's truly the bee's knees.

Seth

and remember if you use the plus 2 from svi it wont fit the box unless you have an svi sight tracker configuration. If not, get a sight tracker pistol

i forgot to mention its the mag for the ipsc box

so if its bolen springs and followers 19 capacity- you will need a rescomp tube and a plus 2 basepad of svi wedge and a sight tracker pistol

if its bolen springs 18 capacity- you should get a plus 1 basepad if you dont have a sight tracker pistol or it wont fit the box

They are still reloadable with 19 using the +1 pad, but won't start with 20 in them.

I can't seem to get more than 19 non-reloadable into my Rescomp tubes with the +2 SV (18 in the +1s) wedge pads, let alone 20 to start... Did you end up snipping any coils? :surprise:

Nope, I am not a coil clipper. Full length springs.

Nope, I am not a coil clipper. Full length springs.

Super secret upside down spring insertion then? :P I'm just outta room, really can't figure out where another round would fit, it barely seats with the 19 in it now ... :( What's your turn around time right now H. for these IPSC mags? :cheers:

so if its bolen springs and followers 19 capacity- you will need a rescomp tube and a plus 2 basepad of svi wedge and a sight tracker pistol

if its bolen springs 18 capacity- you should get a plus 1 basepad if you dont have a sight tracker pistol or it wont fit the box

I get 19 (+1) non-reloadable in a Rescomp 126mm +Bolen Spring/Follower + SPS plus 1 pad- combo. I need to trim the follower for the last round, though. And make sure that the spring sets just right into the pad. I havn't been able to do so with a Dawson +1 because of the way it is fixed on the tube. Maybe the latter will set right after a little while, but I havn't tested it yet.

This is for a non Sight Tracker gun... (STI Edge).

Edited by Ameiza

I get 19 (+1) non-reloadable in a Rescomp 126mm +Bolen Spring/Follower + SPS plus 1 pad- combo. I need to trim the follower for the last round, though. And make sure that the spring sets just right into the pad. I havn't been able to do so with a Dawson +1 because of the way it is fixed on the tube. Maybe the latter will set right after a little while, but I havn't tested it yet.

This is for a non Sight Tracker gun... (STI Edge).

I've been told the 19 is about "right", I just saw the 20+1 and got greedy ;) Luckily with my flat topped gun, it fits in the box with room to spare using the +2 SV wedges.