Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First USPSA match today.

Jenks

More fun than I could shake a stick at. Of course, I wasn't allowed to shake my stick outside of the safe zone. :goof:

My thanks go out to Jason, Kyle, Chad, Tyler and his father... Bob was it?... and everyone else who made my first USPSA match a safe and way beyond fun time. I met so many people that I have already forgot half their names. :blush:

Luckily for me I was not the only newbie... there were three of us. (For the life of me, I can't remember if your name is Brian or not, but that's what I think it was. I'll just call you Brian until you give me a virtual slap in the back of the head and tell me I'm wrong.) Brian and I squadded up together, thinking we could learn from each other and we did. I know we both had a great time and are definitely going to make every effort to continue to go.

Beside being my first USPSA match, it was also the first time I had shot outdoors... while moving... and after drawing from a holster. It was also the first time I had ever shot reactive targets. (pepper poppers and plates... and let's not forget... the texas star! )

I know I learned a lot, and still have lots to learn. I think I shot too fast and didn't think out my reloads well enough on a couple stages but all in all I was more than happy with my effort.

Thanks again, I'm already looking forward to next months match!

Jason Jenkins

Jenks

More fun than I could shake a stick at. Of course, I wasn't allowed to shake my stick outside of the safe zone. :goof:

My thanks go out to Jason, Kyle, Chad, Tyler and his father... Bob was it?... and everyone else who made my first USPSA match a safe and way beyond fun time. I met so many people that I have already forgot half their names. :blush:

Luckily for me I was not the only newbie... there were three of us. (For the life of me, I can't remember if your name is Brian or not, but that's what I think it was. I'll just call you Brian until you give me a virtual slap in the back of the head and tell me I'm wrong.) Brian and I squadded up together, thinking we could learn from each other and we did. I know we both had a great time and are definitely going to make every effort to continue to go.

Beside being my first USPSA match, it was also the first time I had shot outdoors... while moving... and after drawing from a holster. It was also the first time I had ever shot reactive targets. (pepper poppers and plates... and let's not forget... the texas star! )

I know I learned a lot, and still have lots to learn. I think I shot too fast and didn't think out my reloads well enough on a couple stages but all in all I was more than happy with my effort.

Jason Jenkins

Jenks

The first time for me was both a thrill and terrifying. I'm glad you had a safe, fun first time.

Be careful about "shaking your stick" in public. :P

Enjoy

Jason Jenkins

Jenks

The first time for me was both a thrill and terrifying. I'm glad you had a safe, fun first time.

Be careful about "shaking your stick" in public. :P

+1 man..

No need to wait till next month... Sniff out an other one sooner!! :cheers:

Edited by Turbo23

Been over 25 years since my first USPSA match and I still enjoy every one no matter how I shoot. Had some medical problems earlier this year and that reminds me how lucky I am to be able to compete. Enjoy nos. 2,3,4 and etc. and stay safe.

Richard

Brian is my name, and Jason you had it right, we had an awesome time. So much to learn, and believe me, will continue to make every effort to hit this event. First time for me shooting outside. Fresh air beats the range any day. I'd really like to check out Rayner's as my wife is from out that way. Maybe could drop her off at the mother in laws, if I can do some fast talking. :cheers:

I've been fortunate to be able to shoot with this great group of people for the last eight years and still, there are occasions like shooting a big Area match or when I got to shoot my first Nationals, where I go to the line with butterflies just like it was my first match. I think those are the ones where my senses are really peaked and I seem to enjoy them the most.

It is seriously addictive :devil:

Enjoy yourself and learn. This forum is a great place to do so.

fwiw

dj

Jason, Kyle, Chad, and of course our own hometown Administrator Flexmoney are all great guys. They always welcome new shooters and try to make them feel that they are amongst friends. I've been shooting there for almost 5 years and I always love seeing those guys.

Glad you had fun, and hope to see you there next month. :)

I welcome both of you to the "addiction". As I've heard it called here on the forum "Lead Crack". :goof:

You are very fortunate to be surrounded by such a good group of experienced shooters. Soak up all of their knowledge.

I'm glad you had a safe and fun first experience. That means your club is doing all the right things.

Welcome to the Forum ....

Hey Brian and Jason, welcome to the forums and our sport.

Glad you guys had a good time. I was the guy at the safe area talking some stuff over with you guys when you guys were first putting on your belts and gun.

Glad you made it out.

Flyin40

Wish I could make it to Rayner's this weekend. The wife will be working though. Hopefully next month I'll get to hit both matches. I've already started looking for a new G17 to shoot in production and have been checking for warren tactical sights, etc. I'm hooked fellas!

• 4 weeks later...

I know the feeling this last sunday was my 2nd match and even though I got DQ'ed I still had fun but of course just like everyone else I am hooked as well welcome and maybe I'll see you at some of the matches I live in MO in case you were wondering