Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ben Stoeger

Ben Stoeger

I had a HUGE practice session today. I spent about 4 hours on the range. I Worked on 6 different Classifiers. My goal was to hit a 100 on the first run, not just hit a 100 after getting groved in. That made things tougher.

HERE is a video of one of my favorites.

The range was a ghost town today... and that is why I go shooting on holidays. The ammo shortage has also been helpful for giving me lots of space to do my thing at the range. There are very few pistol shooters at the range these days.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worked some IDPA stuff today and shot the Classifier.

is a video

Reloads need a little work... I am used to my SpeedComp pouches, but whatever. I was happy with what I ended up with.

Edited by Ben Stoeger

Ok I have been working on very close range high speed stuff the last couple days. Has anyone actually aced "can you count" in production? Draw, 5 shots, then a reload, then 5 more shots in 3 seconds. You gotta be hauling to do that.

I am working on it.

Ok I have been working on very close range high speed stuff the last couple days. Has anyone actually aced "can you count" in production? Draw, 5 shots, then a reload, then 5 more shots in 3 seconds. You gotta be hauling to do that.

I am working on it.

Can't wait for the video.

Ok I worked on THIS :

I also spent about 200 rounds on Partial People Eaters. That classifier is a complete MFer to get 100% on. I can max out the points on each individual string, but I havent been able to put them all together yet.

This is a good one to practice some more.

:cheers:

I am going to get tuned up a little bit more on thursday, then I am teaching in Milan, IL over the weekend. I have another Class in Wi the following weeking. I am a busy little beaver this month.

Ben how do you find out what 100% is on the classifiers? Is it written down somewhere or are you just doing trial and error with hit factors on classifiercalc.com?

Classifiercalc.com is what I use. It doesn't take long to figure things out.

I just got back from Milan, and I am tired.

The class went well yesterday, and I had fun. I think I ran most of the guys into the ground. Thats ok though right?

The match today got rained on pretty hard, and that really slowed things down. Oh well. I shot a slow and consistent classifier match. I am going to work on picking up the pace a little bit, especially on my draw.

Here are the scores

time points hit factor

1P Both Sides Now #1 12.76 90 7.0533

2P Off Balance Blast 18.02 114 6.3263

3P Partial People Eaters 0.00 116 116.0000

4P Peek-A-Boo No-shoots 6.71 54 8.0477

5P Riverdale Standards 16 12.45 92 7.3896

6P Fluffy's Revenge 1 3.12 40 12.8205

Great to meet you Ben... I kinda expected you to be brash and arrogant, but what I found was a confident you man with respect and modesty. Ben, was only one to ask what he could do to help get the last stages setup. (four had to be setup the day of the match do to the club rules regarding those two bays) I was amazed that 40 people would stand there with a thumb up and not help. Ben walks over and says, "what do you need Jim" Your stock went way up with me Ben... it was a true pleasure to meet you and I look forward to shooting with in the future. People did start to help after the GM wasn't afraid to get in there and help. I'm sure some of them didn't know what to do... just ask guys! ;)

My best to you...

JT

Edited by JThompson

Great to meet you Ben... I kinda expected you to be brash and arrogant, but what I found was a confident you man with respect and modesty. Also, the only one to ask what he could do to help get the last stages setup. I was amazed that 40 people would stand there with a thumb up and not help. Ben walks over and say, "what do you need Jim" Your stock went way up with me Ben... it was a true pleasure to meet you and I look forward to shooting with in the future.

My best to you...

JT

PS Don't let Ben fool ya... he could have picked it up, but he didn't want to be throwing Cs after he grilled those guys on accuracy all day yesterday. :rolleyes:

Edited by JThompson

Awesome class, I learned a ton, that was my first class, up to now I have been self taught, although I am 75% done with Brian Enos's book, My weakest skill is movement but I learned what I need to do, now I need to practice until it is natural. I would highly recommend your class. Great communication skills, awesome shooter.

Did you check out the preliminary total of the points between the students?

Scott R.

Frank/Jim sorry for not helping with set up, you guys did a great job, your effort is much appreciated, I wasn't down below when you set up but I could have walked down there.

Awesome class, I learned a ton, that was my first class, up to now I have been self taught, although I am 75% done with Brian Enos's book, My weakest skill is movement but I learned what I need to do, now I need to practice until it is natural. I would highly recommend your class. Great communication skills, awesome shooter.

Did you check out the preliminary total of the points between the students?

Scott,

I am glad you learned a lot. I really had fun myself.

As for the points winner, it was Don. He shot the match with no penalties at all and very few points down. Awesome shooting from him.

Class was awsome!! thanks for comming down ben. As usual Frank put on a great match (well except for the rain) hey even jim up there didnt hang arround in the rain..lol. I learned a lot and the most important was now when I do something wrong I know about what I did and can try to fix it. and now for me its just practice, practice, practice. Had a lot of fun.

Chris

it was a ton of fun and even more great info jim. I could spend weeks with him (especially me some of the other guys dont need weeks) before I get all of it down. there is another class comming up at milan with ben.. if you are in the area...sign up..even if you are already an A class shooter there are things you will learn

Hi Ben, I was wondering if you and Matt are going to attend the MN Section match this year? I just took the level 1 RO course with Matt and I will be ROing this match, I hope to see you there. Dan