Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kydex holster for Edge and Eagle

RangerTrace

I received my Eagle last week and should get my Edge by the end of the month. Is there a Kydex holster out there that will fit both of them? The Eagle fits in a Wilson Tactical Assault holster that fits my SS guns. I'm just curious if there is enough flex to fit the full length dust cover on the Edge.

Makers and model #s would be appreciated. The holster will be used for Limited Division in USPSA.

Thanks.

I'm guessing the Edge won't fit most 1911 single tack holsters like your Wilson without some modification - the dustcover really is that much thicker as well as longer.

+1 to getting an Edge holster for both - a Blade-Tech Kydex for an Edge will work just fine for both the Edge and Eagle.

Yep. I use a Blade-Tech DOH for an STI Edge for my Edge and Springfield SS. Its not a carry holster, so I don't mind its not perfect on the SS, but with a few turns of a screw driver there's MORE than enough retention. I can actually flip the holster and shake it and the Springer won't fall out.

I know you said that you wanted a Kydex holster bit for Limited, you can run any of the raceholsters - Ghost, Safariland 012, Limcat, Arredondo, CR Speed.

The Bladetech DOH for an EDGE will work for both.

I have the Bladetech holster for the Edge series pistol and have never used it. I bought it to accommodate my STI Tactical 5.0 with the full length light rail for shooting IDPA but have yet to shoot an IDPA match. My Tactical also has a full bull bbl so it's not IDPA legal anyway. I can hook you up with the Bladetech carbon fiber version without the 5 week wait if you're interested.

I have the Bladetech holster for the Edge series pistol and have never used it. I bought it to accommodate my STI Tactical 5.0 with the full length light rail for shooting IDPA but have yet to shoot an IDPA match. My Tactical also has a full bull bbl so it's not IDPA legal anyway. I can hook you up with the Bladetech carbon fiber version without the 5 week wait if you're interested.

Do you happen to be left handed?

The reason I was thinking about a Kydex holster as opposed to a full blown race holster is the same reason I'm buying a limited gun and not an open gun. I'm a cop and I'm trying to keep my competition equipment fairly similar to my everyday work rigs. I read somewhere on here that there may be advantages to using the Kydex anyway because it forces you to get a proper grip from the start. I am certainly open to advise if someone thinks I'm making a mistake with Kydex. I've looked at the CR Speed holsters online and at the matches and they just seem sort of alien to me.

I read somewhere on here that there may be advantages to using the Kydex anyway because it forces you to get a proper grip from the start. I am certainly open to advise if someone thinks I'm making a mistake with Kydex.

With a proper draw <view your video/book of choice>, a Kydex holster won't hurt you at all in most USPSA/IDPA matches. You can still get solid sub 1.2 draws in a match with them, and better yet - I just shot a ten stage match a few weeks ago and to the best of my recollection there may have been 1 stage with a static standing draw fo the first shot anyway. You usually are moving to a position, picking up your gun, moving a prop at major matches it seems like.

Don't let anyone tell you they are a disadvantage. Just practice your draw, and beat all the guys with Race holsters. ;)