Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New plater in town

scooterj

Interesting. How's his turnaround time?

Brought him my Spartan this morning, should be ready tomorrow or Friday. I'm working this weekend so I won't get it back till next week.

We did some torture test with a couple different acids and a bead blaster. "Cobalt Armor" has a tenacious grip.

Yep, just out of Gonzales, LA. He is going to get my new 6" top end next week.

Buddy

This can't be...no way there's someone who can do gun work I need that doesn't involve $100 worth of shipping! :D

I just emailed him to find out when he's ready to do revolvers. I've got a good shooting but butt-ugly M13 that I've been wanting to get re-finished.

Acyually Scooter Pooter your gun was finished this morning, (I couldn't sleep) E- mailed you the pics because I don't know how to post them, and the wife just left...I don't know about filling Virgil's gap, he is AWESOME, I'm just trying to put 15 years of teaching Chemistry to good use.... :rolleyes:

Acyually Scooter Pooter your gun was finished this morning, (I couldn't sleep) E- mailed you the pics because I don't know how to post them, and the wife just left...I don't know about filling Virgil's gap, he is AWESOME, I'm just trying to put 15 years of teaching Chemistry to good use.... :rolleyes:

Love your slogan. It's not how you shoot, it's how you look!!!

That's the way I roll baby!!!

Chuck, pm him (DMH) and make the arrangements and you can drop your revolver off at Larry's and I'll pick it up and take it to Daniel.

I already emailed him, and he said that he's not ready to do round guns yet.

Dang, I'm SOL on both counts! :surprise:

post-794-1212437232.jpgpost-794-1212437104.jpg

Just had my BHP done by Daniel (DMH). What can I say... it's AWESOME! He did mine with a satin finish. I love how the Cobalt plating color came out on my pistol, slightly darker than hard chrome with just barely a tint of blue. (to my eyes, anyway) Absolutely gorgeous finish. Thank you, Daniel! :)

I'll post again after I finish abusing... err, I mean testing the plating with my sweat and general neglect. It's been cooking in my car parked in the sun with a generous coating of my sweat for a couple days. So far, nada. Nothing. It's like the Cobalt plating just doesn't care. I 've had fellow shooters claim I could rust plastic... :ph34r:

Gordo

Got the Spartan back today. The pics do it no justice!!! Hard to believe it's the same gun.

Gordo, I know you handled it Saturday and still no rust! May let Wanda handle it, if it doesn't rust within an hour, we have a winner.

Scooter, if Wanda Miculek and Gordon Lee can't rust it nothing will. I may try to sink it in the salt water pool for a few days and see what happens. Nothing like a home brewed chemistry set and a summer off, I've been wanting to try this stuff...

Looookeng Gooud....like yourrr seester!

:cheers:

Finally came to me the other day. The my seester jokes (that I should have trademarked well before Larry the Cable Guy)were subconscioulsy planted in my deviant mind years ago by Speedy Gonzales. My monster in law actually got me the sets of all the looney tunes classics, and my little girl loves them. :cheers:

OK guys, Daniel stopped playing in the salt water and I took him my 6" slide yesterday. He called me last night and said that he had finished and it came out gorgeous. He posted a photo of my slide on his web site. Take a look and see what you think.

www.plate-tacular.com

Buddy

• 3 weeks later...