Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Texas Summer Shootout

THANKS for the nice compliments on the match. Our goal was to put on a match that all level of shooters could enjoy while feeling challenged. A special thanks to the Masters/Grand Masters that attended and provided all of us a few tips on how to shoot better. Always amazing to watch those at the top of our sport break down a stage and shoot it. The M/GM's had a $30 per stage pot (winner of each stage wins the $$ for that stage) so it will be interesting to see who went home with the most cash. As soon as the results are available, we'll get them posted and I'll email the winners to let them know their checks are in the mail.

I Think the Skins Game worked great. Making the match even more like a larger event, the club added and extra $10 for each stage to our Cash. All of us worked over each stage and shared plans to come up with the best attack. I have a bit of video of Dave executing a memory stage with only a fraction of a second added looking for one target.

Most of the squads stacked up on that stage trying to find the targets though the maze of barrels and No-Shoots.

I can live with out swinging bridge for a wile though

The M/GM's had a $30 per stage pot (winner of each stage wins the $ for that stage) so it will be interesting to see who went home with the most cash.

Many thanks to the club for sweetening the pot, too! I know we had a great time at the match bantering about scores, routes, strategies, etc... Its a shame only 4 guys decided to play. Maybe next year we can up that level some ;)

I Think the Skins Game worked great. Making the match even more like a larger event, the club added and extra $10 for each stage to our Cash.

The only real downside is that, unlike a golf match playing skins, there's really no carry-over...

All of us worked over each stage and shared plans to come up with the best attack. I have a bit of video of Dave executing a memory stage with only a fraction of a second added looking for one target.

The truth that Jamie isn't telling you is that he headed over to the stage a little earlier than the rest of us, and found the best route - and identified the target I was missing when I worked on the stage before the match (that little thread-through in the 2nd window). He was kind enough to share it with us all :D You should post the vid somewhere, Jamie :)

Poor Forrest had a separated case, and had the fastest time on the stage.... but only getting one shot off isn't enough to capitalize on a 2 second time :( Hate seeing that :(

I can live with out swinging bridge for a wile though

Stay low, knees bent :D You want to have fun? Set one up so that you run downrange across it, and then set some targets so that you have to engage them from the bridge... Now, shoot 'em on the move :D That's entertainment, baby :D

Hello: The scores are up. I hate that bridge, I hate that bridge :angry2: Maybe I'll do better next time. Thanks, Eric

You only hate that Bridge because I beat you on that stage, even with a double pass over it.. :roflol:

Step off the bridge :mellow: step back on take a shot step off ,back on step off back on again. :sick: That does it ....Im taking up ..Tiddlywinks.

It was a great match. My single worst day of shooting ever. I really don't like that damn bridge, but it was my best stage finish.

Now to order a new mount for my Cmore. It shot about a foot low when I checked it. I will never use a Serendipity again.

Mike