Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many Mag Pouches on belt for production?

I really don't understand the "mag in the pocket" thing. If you need it, its almost as bad as not having it. If you ever slip and fall on your ass, you won't ever put another mag in your back pocket, trust me. Why not just add another mag pouch?

Yeah I added a 5th recently not that I need it but you never know. I did see a shooter who wears allot of blue loose 2 mags when running during a stage at the IN sectional this weekend. It is always interesting to see someone realize they are missing mags and do a retreat to get the mags they dropped.

It really depends on the course of fire but I think the standard right now is 4 -6 on the belt and one on hand to start. Anybody remember Field of Steel. That is where most of the bottle neck at the A6 match happened. I saw GM production shooters go back for their dropped magazine because they ran out and they typically have 4-6 mags on them. I did see a C class prod shooter there who came prepared he had one of those comp-tac quad mag pouches and when he shot the steel stage he took out the other quad mag pouch and had 2 more in his pocket just for good measure.

As I said in the beginning it really depends on the COF and how prepared you are coming to the match and also your not missing out on anything some if not all shooters come prepared for anything. Just my 2 pennys

Someone needs to post a video of the big steel stage (I think stage 1) at Area-6 this year :) . I don't believe anyone grumbled about having too many rounds left on their belt after that one.

That bad boy was called "Field of Steel" and it was the brain child of Peter Oliver. We actually had only one shooter, a local guy names Boris Zaretsky, shoot that 32 pieces of steel, including two Texas Stars and all steel hardcover, CLEAN with his 1911 skinny gun. We of course kid him that he had to shoot it clean cause he didn't bring enough mags to make any misses. =]

I came to the line with 54 rounds on me and finished the stage with 4. I carried 5 mags on my belt and used one of them to charge the gun but after that stage I now carry 6 on my belt. I also keep extra mags in my bag in case Peter gets sadistic again and I want to start with a barney mag and 6 on my belt. 71 rounds is pretty ridiculous isn't it? =]

Of course I COULD just shoot more accurately and stick with 4 mags. But what fun is that?!?!