Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People Who Miss Appointments

davidwiz

Last week, a person was supposed to come in for a consultation. He didn't show up, nor did he ever call. I called him about 30 minutes after the appointed time, but never heard back from him. This happens with more and more frequency. Beside being a waste of our time, it is downright rude. The sad thing is, this usually happens with the calls we get from our ad on Craigslist.

Last week, a person was supposed to come in for a consultation. He didn't show up, nor did he ever call. I called him about 30 minutes after the appointed time, but never heard back from him. This happens with more and more frequency. Beside being a waste of our time, it is downright rude. The sad thing is, this usually happens with the calls we get from our ad on Craigslist.

David, I feel your pain. My wife and I get about a 10% no show rate on our office consultations and we don't advertise on craig's list. Upgrade your advertising and things will improve. That 10% really burns me, though, since we don't charge for a consultation, either. I tend to believe that anyone who is disrespectful enough to do a no show on a free consultation, we DONT want as a client. So you see.....They are actually doing us a favor going elsewhere :)

• 2 weeks later...
David, I feel your pain. My wife and I get about a 10% no show rate on our office consultations and we don't advertise on craig's list. Upgrade your advertising and things will improve. That 10% really burns me, though, since we don't charge for a consultation, either. I tend to believe that anyone who is disrespectful enough to do a no show on a free consultation, we DONT want as a client. So you see.....They are actually doing us a favor going elsewhere :)

We've got some good work off of Craigslist, but its not the only place that we advertise.

We've got some good work off of Craigslist, but its not the only place that we advertise.

We get more than we can handle from Lawyers.com. They are expensive, but well worth the cost.

Here's the flip side.

Many docs charge you if you are a no show... but a week ago I waited 90 minutes past my appointment time to see an MD for an office consultation. (He was in the office all day-- just over booked).... So how does he determine that his time (as the service provider) is more valuable than my time (as the guy who's paying for his time)???? In my case OUT OF MY POCKET!!!

I now have a new rule.. unless a delay is based on a medical emergency.. you get no more than 30 minutes after the appointment time... then I'll bill or leave or file a complaint with the state medical board--- OR ALL OF THE ABOVE.

I'll agree, people who miss appointments piss me off.

NOT A REBUTTAL

But, like Michigan Shootist said appointments go both ways. If a doc makes me wait very long he should at least step into the waiting room and let everyone know what's going on. Likewise, if I'm running late I call the doc's office and let them know what's going on.

People don't very often do what you want.

FM

Edited by Front Man

The Doc can do because you are probably ill and need his help more than he needs your business, basically you are bent over the barrel. Sure go home and get sicker or die, not really a good choice and they know it.

I'm talking routine stuff. Dental appointments and such. Routine for the doc, routine for me. Mutual respect is always nice.

The Doc can do because you are probably ill and need his help more than he needs your business, basically you are bent over the barrel. Sure go home and get sicker or die, not really a good choice and they know it.

I'm talking routine stuff. Dental appointments and such. Routine for the doc, routine for me. Mutual respect is always nice.

I concur. Respect is mutual. Many employers and professional people are failing to reciprocate this essential aspect of business relationships these days... Besides, the fact that medical expenses are astronomical is enough to ruin my otherwise charming disposition.

BTW, I have an appointment with one of those professional figures today to have a molar crowned. He's number three in my search to obtain satisfaction. And he's an arrogant dweeb. But he found out he isn't going to perform some outrageously expensive, and totally unnecessary dental procedure on me, because it isn't my responsibility to fund his luxurious lifestyle preferences.