Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My back

want2race

So I'm laying on the floor typing this. My back is so tore up right now that I've resorted to pain meds. I hate taking them. I'll be on Motrin every 8 hrs as well as Lortab as needed. Although Bourbon is more enjoyable and does help me forget the pain for a while, Lortab actually works to relax my knotted back muscles.

The last time it was this bad I was working in Kuwait. I could barely sit upright at my work bench and wore a movers style back brace just to get me through the day. It hurt just to sit in a chair. It's Fu****g stupid.

I have no idea what caused this episode. Pain is in the upper back, just under my shoulder blades (scapula). Which of course affects everything from standing, sitting, holding a cup, pistol and I can forget about holding a rifle up anytime soon. Hope the zombies don't pick tonight to attack. Funny how I just joked about jumping out of perfectly good airplanes yesterday. I haven't jumped in over 10 years but I guess the long term effects are stuck with me.

Can't practice, load ammo or continue building a buddies new pistol. Hopefully this one will be a short one.

ummm yeah, don't drink bourbon and work on your "buddies" pistol I don't think I would...I mean, he would like that lol. Yeah, get to the doctor man! Maybe Steve can help.

Wish I could but the best advice is what he's doing. 3 days +/- of rest, anti-inflammatories, pain meds. Take it slow getting back and keep stretched out (between attacks) to prevent the attacks.

In truth, though there are a lot of people who profit from snake oil/surgery for this problem, getting through each episode and making sure you aren't doing anything bad to provoke it is the best you can do.

Now if splatter from a steel plate cuts a nerve in your finger, I'm your man.

(an important nerve, I mean, Chuck)

:cheers:

Two words: "Hot Shower".

I have suffered from numerous things, including back pain for nearly 40 years. One thing that brings me temporary relief is hot water. I turn the water on as hot as I can stand, and just stand there with the water running on the affected area. It's not a permanant fix, but the relief it offers is a blessing.

Good luck!

I guess my weekly shower comes early. Just kidding. I will do the hot water shower tonight. Surge has it down. Basically the same thing a Quackropractor would say. NSAIDS and rest. I may try a hot pad too.

Don't worry Steel, the only work I've done on my buddies pistol is with a dry erase version of a sharpie to get his slide cuts figured out.

Thanks. I had a NICE Sirloin on marinade for about 48 hours. HAD to grill it tonight. Got it done. Brought it back in the house and nearly dropped it on the floor. Back spasmed right as reached the counter. Nearly ended up on the floor myself. Hoowee, this is good one. Wife has a Therapist (I call it The Rapist) back messager thingie that you put on a chair then sit on it. It seemed to loosen my back up a bit.

Hot shower, skip work, see Back Doc, lots of floor time tomorrow and hopefully it's good before next weekends match.

Yeah, feel better I don't want no excuses....J/K

If I bring that trigger I'll bring ya some of my good bourbon...it won't take but o glass, William Larue Weller...its only 117.9 proof.