Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pressure Pad Activator From R&r Racing

We are in the process of designing stages for the Wi. Sectional. Would like to incorporate a pressure pad activator in one stage. Do any of you have any experience with such a device? The only one I can find is from R&R Racing.(www.randrracingonline.com)Is it any good? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Yes our club just bought one and it works great, they are made to last. They are powder coated and the top of it is epoxy painted with bits of ground plastic (I believe) that gives them a tough durable texture to aid in a none skid surface. They claim that it will activate up to 6 devices and I believe them, we've activated four with it, with no problems. They were used at the 2002 Race Gun Nationals and as far as I know they worked great.

You may want to send a pm to Dowter. The Logan's Ferry club uses one - made by one of the members, that is outstanding. Sturdy, dependable and made with AR15 sprigns!

They were used at the 2002 Race Gun Nationals and as far as I know they worked great.

It really depends on the surface they are positioned on. Like anything else, they work well in normal conditions, but you have to be a little careful when you set them on a loose surface. ;)

Yes they are outstanding. However, do not run your cable off at an angle from either activating rod. The cable should be more or less in line with the rod. This pretty much puts your activated targets in front of the pad. If you want them off to the sides, put some stakes in the ground and run the cable through some rings on the stakes to make a turn; keep the cable straight for a few feet coming off the rod.