Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Basepad?

CMV

So I picked up a 126mm SVI tube (for some reason) and now I'd like to find a basepad to bring it to 140...does such an animal exist, cause I can't find it. The longest I have found is the Grams 11mm...which I think adds ~3 rounds?

Colin

PS: I tried searching hereabouts too with no luck

Edited by CMV

The real issue with running an extended pad on a 126mm comes when you put in your gun. If you are running a mag well you will likely have a problem getting the magazine to seat in your gun as every pad I have seen will hit the mag well long before the mag locks into place making it a useless mag. As said, I would see if you could trade them with someone for some 140mm mag bodies.

Joe W.

A Bolen 13mm pad would be your best bet, but getting one away from someone that has one is going to be almost impossible.

Another thing to keep in mind, once you go past the bottom of the indents in the side of the mag the round spacing is going to be screwed up and it won't work without gyrations of some sort like a basepad insert to maintain that spacing.

Trade it to an IDPA shooter and get what you really need.

I did that with a first gen 126mm tubes for a 45 STI getting 15 instead of 13 back in the day using Arredondo base pads like the ones that come in his performance packs.I used the flat base pad retainer that came with the factory base pad needing to drill the hole out a little on the Arredondo for it.

• 1 month later...