Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fundraiser Match For Jr. Shooter Shane Coley

Cross Roads Sport Shooting Assn in Glen, Mississippi ( Corinth ) will be hosting an eight stage, NON santioned USPSA match on May 31st starting at 10:30 AM

ALL proceeds will go to the Coleys' to get Shane and his mother to BALI to represent the US Jr. Team.

IF you can attend that would be best, IF not just send $20.00 and your well wishes.

Maps and info can be found at: www.crssa.com

Or you can PM me from this forum.

this will be a NO trophy, NO payback, ALL Bragging rights FUNdraiser...........(that's also why the non sanctioned part) so you can bring a gun you have always wanted to shoot but just haven't because it might get you classified higher, or too high in a new division :surprise:

The Range will only use enough of the entry money to cover expenses (targets, pasters, Ice, ect.) all else goes to the Coleys'

If you would like to attend please send me your entry via snail mail, or PM me and give me a heads up you are coming.(we'll take your $ that morning too ;) )

So here's the rest.

Send me your:

Name:

Phone:

E-mail:

Division and class

and $25.00 if you are going to shoot, IF you are not able to shoot send me $20 and I'll put it in the pile.

Send it to: PM me and I'll give you an Address (I'd rather not give it out on a Public forum) I hope ya'll understand.

Thanks,

Hopalong

Jimmy it's about 2 hours. The range is very unique. It's very large and very nice. They shoot a lot of other type stuff

there too. I plan on going if we're not in the new baby business by then and I haven't shot a match all year.

jps

• 2 weeks later...

A quick way around memphis if coming from the west on I-40/I-55 from St. Louis

Once in West Memphis Ar, get on the I-55 S to Jackson MS, cross over the MS river on the old bridge(I-55 south) take the second exit after the bridge(I-55 south) and follow it to the I-240 east(or south I can't remember) then follow it to SR385(bill Morris Parkway) east. follow it to the US-72 east to Corinth MS.

Hope that helps,

round count looks like just a little shy of 200 but there is a fairly good amount of steel to shoot at !!!! :goof:

Hop

Kend,

No I don't know How much but just doing the math I think 5 to 7 thousand for each. Shane and his Mother are going so the trip is DOUBLE the cost of just shooting.

I did not get an exact number since some of our local rifle team members and a few others also walked up and gave Shane some $$$$ but my running total of what I gave him from entries, and other donations was $850+

We had 28 brave shooters show up for the HOTTEST weekend to date. We shot 8 stages and it took 191 rounds to shoot the match.

I had comments about the stages being as good and fun as any Area and Section match (Thanks to a few of the local shooters, and a bald guy).

I would like to thank a few folks.

The Hendrixs' they own the range and charged ZERO, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA for use of the range. AND then they wouldn't take anything for targets, tape/pasters, paint.

Bill W. (RO and stage design), Lynn J. (scoring and RO) Stan W. (stage design), Nathan H. (Stage design and scoring), Bill G. (Scoring and RO) GManCDP (RO), John K. (scoring and RO), Heidi H. (range prep) :bow::bow::bow:

The good folks who showed up to support Shane and his family :cheers::cheers::cheers:

It only takes one small effort like this to show how good this group of people(shooters) are. !!!! :D

Thanks to all, If you wanted to make the trip but didn't you missed a great match for a good cause.

Hop

Kend,

No I don't know How much but just doing the math I think 5 to 7 thousand for each. Shane and his Mother are going so the trip is DOUBLE the cost of just shooting.

I did not get an exact number since some of our local rifle team members and a few others also walked up and gave Shane some $$$$ but my running total of what I gave him from entries, and other donations was $850+

We had 28 brave shooters show up for the HOTTEST weekend to date. We shot 8 stages and it took 191 rounds to shoot the match.

I had comments about the stages being as good and fun as any Area and Section match (Thanks to a few of the local shooters, and a bald guy).

I would like to thank a few folks.

The Hendrixs' they own the range and charged ZERO, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA for use of the range. AND then they wouldn't take anything for targets, tape/pasters, paint.

Bill W. (RO and stage design), Lynn J. (scoring and RO) Stan W. (stage design), Nathan H. (Stage design and scoring), Bill G. (Scoring and RO) GManCDP (RO), John K. (scoring and RO), Heidi H. (range prep) :bow::bow::bow:

The good folks who showed up to support Shane and his family :cheers::cheers::cheers:

It only takes one small effort like this to show how good this group of people(shooters) are. !!!! :D

Thanks to all, If you wanted to make the trip but didn't you missed a great match for a good cause.

Hop

I just read the posts for the Benefit Match for Shane and wanted to say a huge THANK YOU TO Sam and Nathan for their hard work and initiative for taking on this challenge. All totaled we received $887.00 which I can't tell how much that will help.

We estimate the trip to Bali to cost around $7,000 for both of us and with the support of many shooters from MS, AR, and TN we are almost there. We have received close to $5,000. The generosity of those who have shot with Shane and even those who don't even know who he is has been amazing. I can't thank them enough. Hopefully, by October we will have enough and I won't have to cash in my retirement!!

Thanks again to Sam and Nathan, they were wonderful and thank you to all of those who have chipped in to help so far.

Marlene aka Shane's mom

good match,for a good kid,for a good cause...i got the chance to RO Shane on 3 stages,and i was thankfull that 1 was a static stage...the kid is quick...stage 4 showed me just how quick Shane is..after the buzz he had fired 14 rnds[?] and was on his way to the 3rd posisition before i knew what was going on.... ;) ....the best part of the day was a 5 lb bag of epson salt in 2ft of cold tub water....good luck Shane !!!!! G'

• 4 weeks later...

THANK YOU SAM AND EVERYBODY ELSE!! it was a great match and i cant thank everyone enough!! i will do my absolute best at bali to represent each and everyone of yall and everybody else in the shooting world!! lets bring home the gold!!