Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where are all the 627s and 327s

BushBaby

I have been trying to find any 627 or 327 to purchase for action Pistol does any one have one used for sale? PM me or email me compshoot@yahoo.com

Thank you very much

Not knowing what action pistol might be, is this for ICORE matches or USPSA matches? - just curious.

If for ICORE, the direction to look is the 627.

There are several 627's on gunbroker.com

10 must be the magic number. as more than 10 rounds makes the gun subject to criminal use :roflol:

However would the 20 shot revolvers I have seen be "bad" guns and subject to bans as well. :rolleyes:

If you are ever near Claremore, OK you must visit the J.M. Davis Gun museum. that is where I saw the multiple row multiple barrel 20 shot revos.

they were cool. I want one for ICORE

found this. I want one

post-10522-1210523365.jpg

post-10522-1210523379.jpg

post-10522-1210523392.jpg

Edited by ffl

If high capacity magazines are illegal in CA. surely a high cap revolver would be forbidden. :roflol:

Thats a good one! Im surprized its not banned, but I would like to get a hold of one for ICORE. Action pistol is just a local match they have here in california. Its seems that Californians are all about being tacticool mall ninjas and not sooo into competition or Bad Ass Revos! I seen this one guys 627 revo that looked like marvin the martians raygun and made me want one even more. So if any one Is going to get rid of one please let me know or PM me!

If high capacity magazines are illegal in CA. surely a high cap revolver would be forbidden. :roflol:

Thats a good one! Im surprized its not banned, but I would like to get a hold of one for ICORE. Action pistol is just a local match they have here in california. Its seems that Californians are all about being tacticool mall ninjas and not sooo into competition or Bad Ass Revos! I seen this one guys 627 revo that looked like marvin the martians raygun and made me want one even more. So if any one Is going to get rid of one please let me know or PM me!

Be patient and the 627's will show up. There are some good ICORE folks out in CA. See if you can link up with some of them.

Forget ninja tactical, it sells magazines and product but is useless for matches or real world anything.

Go shoot.

I had the hots for a 627 out here in kali, but got cold after examining the new ones SW was shipping out here. PC guns with B/C gaps out of spec, cylinders that don't lock up, barrels not seated fully (sights off) just crappy work in general. I found a really sharp one that had hardly been fired, but one of the cylinder positions didn't carry up D/A (not even close).

With a new price over $1000, I'm not buying a piece of junk.

Edited by bountyhunter

I hear you, Bountyhunter.

I worked on a 627 for BadShot here on the forum that wouldn't carry up on any of its 8 chambers, even though it was brand new straight from the box. The first 627 I bought had the opposite problem--the hand jammed up so tightly it created a 25-pound DA trigger pull every time you cycled the action. (I don't think there's anybody left at the factory that knows how to hand-fit much of anything in these days of CNC and MIM.) Shameful what they send out in those PC cases sometimes.

All of that said, I haven't found an 8-shot S&W yet that couldn't be made into a wonderful gun with a little effort. Once they're set up correctly, they are really fun to run!

I hear you, Bountyhunter.

I worked on a 627 for BadShot here on the forum that wouldn't carry up on any of its 8 chambers, even though it was brand new straight from the box. The first 627 I bought had the opposite problem--the hand jammed up so tightly it created a 25-pound DA trigger pull every time you cycled the action. (I don't think there's anybody left at the factory that knows how to hand-fit much of anything in these days of CNC and MIM.) Shameful what they send out in those PC cases sometimes.

All of that said, I haven't found an 8-shot S&W yet that couldn't be made into a wonderful gun with a little effort. Once they're set up correctly, they are really fun to run!

True, and if they sold for $600 new like the rest of their mass production junk, I'd buy one and overhaul it. Those little suckers sell for like $1100 new out here now.

Bud's Gun Shop has the 4" Pro Series for $710 shipped. If it were me, I'd call beforehand and make sure it's not the one that doesn't use moonclips. If it is actually the PS and not the Mountain Gun-ish one, that's the best price I've seen online.

Do the older 6 shot 627's have the bigger chamber circle? Guess I'm asking if the 8 shot cyl. works in them or if they're like a 28 or 27, just stainless.

Nope. Not without major work.

Do the older 6 shot 627's have the bigger chamber circle? Guess I'm asking if the 8 shot cyl. works in them or if they're like a 28 or 27, just stainless.

Thanks, that's what I was wondering.

Thanks, that's what I was wondering.

The guy at SW factory told me that the charge holes on an eight shot cylinder are not centered at the same radius as a seven or six shot. It would not be just a cylinder and hand swap.

Edited by bountyhunter