Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can anyone tell me about Miller Custom 1911's

-JQ-

Hes a good young 1911 smith.

He started out working at Rock River Arms, and is just about out of school with his Engineering degree.

One of his guns was a giveaway at the S.S. classic along with the likes of Stan Chen, and Heinie. I spoke with him for a little bit at the Barry.

I think he does excellent work. When you consider that premium parts alone for a custom 1911 can easily approach $1500, I think $2800 is a reasonable price.

Two issues I had were: its 9mm and too pretty. I'm afraid that is more show than I need...although it is tempting.

Edited by hk_mtbr

...although it is tempting.

That is a sweet looking pistol.

I met Robert at the Single Stack Classic, and I thought he was a really nice guy. From my understanding, this isn't the first time he's donated a gun to the prize table. That says a lot about the guy.

Bob is building two guns for the upcoming Indiana State USPSA Championship with all donated parts.

The first build is going to be on a STI standard dustcover frame with Caspain Slide, Nowlin barrel and Nowling speed demon trigger parts. The other gun is being built on a Caspain donated frame and slide with a Shuemann barrel.

He is donating the builds for us.

He has been great to work on this and I am really looking forward to seeing these guns.