Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Post your bicycle pics!

G-ManBart

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have been saving for an Orbea Orca, similiar to the start of this thread. However, I've been sidetracked with getting a 1050 reloader, various firearms and supplies.

So, I am stuck with a non-worthy Specialized Sequoia, areo bars, lighter wheels and Garmin 305 and Heart Rate & Cadence.

Love to ride.

Any good holsters for a cycle?

I grew up in Arizona, mountain biking before it was called mountain biking. Here is mine, built by me on a Cannondale CAD2 Volvo Team frame and headshock.

Of special note and what I feel is a cool factor is the Mavic cranks and front and rear derailer. Anybody else ever see those (on a mnt bike)? Of course the rims are Mavic ceramic and every nut, bolt,peddle spindle(s), seatpost,handlebars,freewheel sprockets,bottom bracket,wheel skewers and seatpost rails are Titanium. The brake levers are Altek, and the brakes are XTR. I built it 10 years ago, and it still tears it up on the trails.

total weight 23lbs.

post-6767-1240102264_thumb.jpg

post-6767-1240102292_thumb.jpg

post-6767-1240102312_thumb.jpg

Here is my new ride for this season...

Cervelo RS 56cm

Campy Chorus 11 Speed groupo

Reynolds Assault carbon clincher wheelset

Very tasty! I'm a huge fan of Cervelo....I want one of their TT/Tri bikes just cause they look so freakin' cool!

Of special note and what I feel is a cool factor is the Mavic cranks and front and rear derailer.

Very Cult!

I've only seen them once before...those are frog teeth rare.

Riding a "mountain" bike on the flattest land on Earth (go look up Llano Estacado) may seem a bit ridiculous, like city boys with their four-wheel-drive trucks, jacked-up suspensions and big tires that never leave the pavement. But each to his own.

I do manage to take my bike out and get it dirty. I've logged a little over 400 miles according to my trip computer, probably 50-50 on pavement and off. Not much serious technical trail riding though. When I was in California, there were some nice trails near (like 300 yards) where I lived with actual hills and stuff.

This is my second Novara. I've had it a few years. It replaced a Novara Arriba that I bought in the mid-nineties.

(Novara is the REI house brand. REI is one of my favorite toy stores. www.rei.com)

DSCF1502a.jpg

DSCF1500a.jpg

Yeah, I'm a gadget junkie. I need some lights and maybe a GPS system. :P

With lights.

DSCF1520a.jpg

No, I don't ride around with the fender on there. It's removable and stays off unless it's really needed.

Frame: 2005 Novara Ponderosa Hard Tail, AN6 Aluminum, 13" frame (the smallest of four sizes they offered), Very Black / Colorado Red

Fork: Manitou Axel Elite

Brakes: Avid Single Digit 5 (Upgrade to disks is planned. Frame, fork, and hubs are disk-ready.)

Brake Levers: Avid FR 5

Cranks: Truvativ FireX 44a/32a/22

Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore LX

Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT

Shifters: Shimano Deore LX, x3 front, x9 rear

Pedals: Shimano M520

Stem: Truvativ XR 3D

Handlebar: Truvative XC-AM Riserbar

Seatpost: Truvative XR

Saddle: WTB Pure V Race

Bottom Bracket: Truvativ ISIS

Cassette: SRAM 7.0 11/32x9

Headset: WTB SC

Grips: WTB Weirwolf

Tires: WTB WeirWolf Comp w/DNA 2.1 26X49/54

Rims: WTB Dual Duty XC 569 x 17/541 ERD

Hubs: Shimano M475 disc

Water Bottle Cages: Blackburn Mountain Cages

Rack: Blackburn Mountain Rack

Gear Bag: Novara (I never leave home without my junk bag.)

Front Light: Cateye Single Shot

Rear Lights: Cateye TLD-LD1100 and TLD-LD610

Computer (Cyclometer): Cat Eye Micro Wireless

Heart Rate Monitor: Polar RS200

The way I set it up, I can see my speed, whether I'm over or under average speed, trip distance, heart rate, stopwatch time, and time of day at a glance without pushing any buttons.

In the bag, I carry a cable lock, everything I need to fix a flat on the trail including a little air pump, tools for repairing chains and straightening rims and adjusting just about anything on the bike that may need adjustment, wallet, keys, a roll of toilet paper, and maybe another water bottle, with room to spare for a light jacket or whatever else I think I may need to take along.

Looking for a good way to carry a pistol. (Putting it in the bag on the back makes it kinda hard to get to in a hurry <_< )

Edited by mgood

• 2 years later...

I have been remiss in adding a few from my stable.

My road ride. 1999 Chris Chance 54 cm. Chromoly steel built with DuraAce grouppo, except hubs Ultegra :closedeyes:

The bike from my avatar a 93 Fat Chance Ti with custom 1" head tube Marzochhi fork. Built with a 9 speed drive and shimano bar end shifters adapted to thumb shifting...this bike was either 6 or 7 speed when built. The frame is titanium as is pretty much everything but the chain and the spokes and cranks.

:cheers:

post-12620-0-75905100-1309303042_thumb.j

post-12620-0-50675100-1309303078_thumb.j

post-12620-0-57642200-1309303134_thumb.j

post-12620-0-38656200-1309303153_thumb.j

post-12620-0-15982200-1309303181_thumb.j

post-12620-0-65384500-1309303212_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

nice Standby...glad to see another hard tail in the crowd

I've had a hardtail for the last several years, when most of your riding involves climbing...a lot...it's the right tool for the job!

I rode a rigid Single speed 29er before this one. I relented to gears because of the area, but really enjoy single speeds back in Kansas where I'm originally from.