Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

50 BMG

outerlimits

I used to remember exactly what could make this happen, all I remember now about the .50 is that you have to be careful removing the butterfly spade grips or the spring could go through you.

I used to remember exactly what could make this happen, all I remember now about the .50 is that you have to be careful removing the butterfly spade grips or the spring could go through you.

:roflol: You gotta love a "friend" that would post that so the rest of the world can see what a tool you are.

Glad he found it when he did, rather than when it was needed.

Didn't you (in the old days) - have to set the headspace and timing before firing them up?

This must be something more than.. I forgot to screw the barrel in all the way

Set headspace and timiming "early..Left..Late right.." But you could get them really going if you timed them early...until the case would blowout... :surprise:

edited to add... I have NEVER seen anything like that happen. If the barrel was not screwed all the way on headspase would be a problem something had to break..

Edited by Bubber

Agree with Bubber, something broke for that to happen or the operator would be flopping like a fish in the vehicle with BAD wounds through the jewels and down. Not guessing either, I have seen it happen. It is a lot worse than you would think from a simple case failure..... I jumped back from the screen when I saw that video.