Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oregon Sectional, Roseburg

Who's going, what's the range like, what's the club like, etc.?

I sent in my entry for <cue music> Open division... bwahahaha.

If I find out it has a bunch of ports and is run like the Crazy Croc, I'm going to have to withdraw.

Warren and fellas,

Hello. It's in my hometown and should be a good match. I haven't shoot the Croc but this should be a different type of match. BrianH was right. It is a different crowd.

I've saw a passing glance at the stages they were looking at. They looked pretty good.

Oh, and the weather should be nicer than Area 1. :lol: Sunny and 70-90 degrees but you might bring a rain jacket just in case.

The range is located right by the N Umpqua river with a scenic backdrop. There will be 6 stages in pistol bays with gravel/dirt. The other two stages will be on a rifle range with field grass/dirt.

There is a ton of outdoor stuff to do. Fishing, hiking, camping, rafting, floating, etc. you name it. If anyone needs help with good motels, dining, rec time, etc. Just email me.

trey@rosenet.net

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

How come you guys were'nt at the Albany Single Stack Championship?

I would have won IF I didn't forget to shoot the last target on the last stage of the day!

1 failure to engage and 2 mikes will cost you a close match everytime!! :wub:

(I was thinking about the cold beer in the cooler, I swear)

http://www.arpc-ipsc.org/

http://matchresults.arpc-ipsc.org/2003/7th...tack_champ.html

I would have won IF I didn't forget to shoot the last target on the last stage of the day!

1 failure to engage and 2 mikes will cost you a close match everytime!! :wub:

(I was thinking about the cold beer in the cooler, I swear)

Ah, that is how you shot stage 7 in 12.48. Just skip the last target. That is a bummer. I pulled a brain fade on my last stage (stage 1) and it cost me 3rd place :(, dislocated finger and all.

Ah-ha, I knew a BE.com'er was there somewhere!! ;)

How the heck did you screw up your finger?

Where did you finish (name?)

Stage 7:

As I was moving from the center of the platform to the right, my plan was to shoot the 5 far right targets, then fire one last (11th) round at the left one hiding in the enclosed area. I was planning on taking a mike and NOT reload to fire the second shot on that target. I figured saving 1.75sec on a 13-14 sec stage was worth the mike.

My plan was to drop 15 points, not FTE and 2 mikes (40pts)! :wacko:

Erik, I don't have one either. I shot a widebody.

I pulled a brain fade on my last stage (stage 1) and it cost me 3rd place :(, dislocated finger and all.

I don't know if anybody has seen L2S's finger or heard the horror story, but you'd be amazed that he could even hang onto the gun.

You should have got extra points for practically shooting weak-handed.

TDean,

I jumped my friend's motorcycle into a tree :( It dislocated my left middle finger at both joints, but we got them popped back in without having to go to the doc. It was real ugly. I couldn't shoot all week I figured I would just save it up and give it a go on match day. Not being able to dry fire all week sucked almost as much as only having 2 fingers to hold the gun and reload with.

I finished 8th (7th single stacker) I probably should have shot my widebody too because I can actually grip it easier with my gimpy hand, but after all what fun would it be winning the SS match with a widebody :P

I hate that stinking star too! It got me good.

Did ya like the Springfield they got for the raffle? Nice of SA to donate such a cool blaster. Nice to see SA getting back into the sponsorship thing....(as long as they're no open guns.... :o )

Our buddy (the raffle winner) decided at the last minute (apparently) to attend the match.

At a match that size (almost 100 shooters), I would think there would be 2-3 guns on the table. Last years WA.State-IDPA-Chmps match (under 100 shooters) had 3-4 guns on the table from Springfield. A TRP model, 38super, Gov.45 and an XP :huh:

Hell I don't know.....

I'm not complaining,...just conversing. :)