Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Site Pusher?

BryanB

I have an Elite Match on which I would like to change the front site. I tried to remove the stock site by removing the set screw and using a hammer and drift without success. I asked about local gun smiths on a local gun owners forum. They suggested that I do it myself with a front sight pusher like this one:

962050000.jpg

Does anyone know if this will work with this gun? I would like to hear your suggestions and recommendations.

That pusher is made to adjust/replace the front sights on rifles with sight ramps. I have one, and it works well for that, but will not work on any pistol sight, front or rear.

MGW makes gun specific pushers, meaning they are made for each specific manufacture, and prices start around $80 depending on which gun it's for. There is also a universal one made by B & J that Brownells sells for $130: http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/Pro...%20SIGHT%20TOOL but is currently listed as "out of stock".

Edited by Tom S.

actually with a spacer that tool would work fine with Tanfoglio front sights, as they come off through the front of the slide, instead of side to side. you'd just need a piece of metal to put across the opening of the slide where the barrel would go. or perhaps do it with the barrel in the slide?

When you push the sight off, make sure you have a solid surface for the sight to slide on to. You can push the sight straight off, but chances are you'll bend it. By letting it slide onto something you'll make sure the old sight remains as intact as possible.