Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

It's Not Much...

TBF

I know it's not like winning a major match.

And it's not IPSC, IDPA, or three gun.

And I didn't actually WIN.

But I came in third in the civilian single action pistol division at the Ottawa Ks. PD pistol match.

And it makes me smile.

Lookout TGO here I come... ( joke )

Travis F.

Your right....it's not much! (juz keeding.... :P )

I Managed first open, second overall at a club match last month...quite pleasing, second match win in 15 years. (now that's pathetic..... :mellow: )

Any victory, whether it be on the target, on the timer, or between your ears, is worth celebrating. I don't think it matters if the "victory" is in practice, at a small club match, or at a big match, it's nice to see the practice and preparation pay off. Congratulations.

BTW, three forum members, Sam (Bonedaddy), John Dunn, and I, all shot our way into the cash at the High Country Steel Shoot Out yesterday. It was a small local match with only 68 shooters. John had a little wreck in the middle of a string and he immediately recovered by making the fastest reload I have ever seen in a match. I was (still am) impressed with John's hand speed. Sam was Sam, just plain fast. I didn't do anything spectacular, but I didn't have any disasters either.

I know Sam and John would join me in thanking the forum memebrs for all of the support and help.

Spook,

Compared to the shooting legends present on this forum, well you get the idea....

Overall I was 30 out of 320 shooters.

If you remove the open class shooters I was no. 7

3rd. civilian.

I doesn't compare to winning the world shoot or anything, but hey, makes me smile.

Thanks to all for the words of encouragement.

Travis F.

TBF:

I am with spook, don't minimize your accomplishments. Yeah, I know all of the arguements about big frogs in small ponds, local heros, and the like, and I know it wasn't the Nationals. Still, you manifested your ability on demand when it counted in a match and that makes you a winner. Don't let anyone tell you different.

Ron neglects to mention that he was the high open shooter and high overall at the steel match. Don't pass up the opportunity to watch this guy shoot.

TBF- The whole reason I started shooting competitively (I mean shooting in competitions, not that I'd be considered competitive) was because of a second place finish in a pistol class shoot-off. Shooting towards the upper end of your skills in a match is cool no matter where you place. :)

Shooting towards the upper end of your skills in a match is cool no matter where you place.

I couldn't agree more. The great thing about your accomplishment is seeing progression. Everyone that is now a top class shooter has seen every inch of the road it takes to get to the top (though the road is different for everyone). Next stop: World Shoot XIV ;)