Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ready to Kill This Stupid G35

bountyhunter

You might want to borrow a 9mm slide and see if you still have the problem. There are some demensional issues using a .40 slide with 9mm barrel and ammo

Edited by proff

The aftermarket barrels are made to fit the 40 slide, so he should be having no problems with ignition if his conversion barrel is properly made. Extraction or ejection may be a problem, but his problem is missfires.

The aftermarket barrels are made to fit the 40 slide, so he should be having no problems with ignition if his conversion barrel is properly made. Extraction or ejection may be a problem, but his problem is missfires.

I think it has a shade too much headspace, along with the crummy ammo and hard primers. If the price of new 9mm ammo ever drops under $300/case, maybe I'll buy some new stuff...... :unsure:

Frankenglocks never seem to work. Swap those major components and springs for aftermarket stuff and your other guns aren't running either. This is especially true when all this swapping involves a caliber change. Shoot your 9's and put your G35 back together.

Jim M

ive built a dozen highly modified glocks...frankenglocks if you will, and have never had a problem that couldnt be worked out with a small amout of time, know-how, and patience. Unqualified gunsmithing is what doesnt work.

They made be made to fit, but that don't mean they work, your still relying on the extractor to grab and hold the smaller 9mm round in place, if it's not holding the round in place which i doubt it is, is where the misfires are coming from, take some of the rounds that have dented primers and try to fire them in another 9mm see if they go bang, I imagine they will.

They made be made to fit, but that don't mean they work, your still relying on the extractor to grab and hold the smaller 9mm round in place, if it's not holding the round in place which i doubt it is, is where the misfires are coming from, take some of the rounds that have dented primers and try to fire them in another 9mm see if they go bang, I imagine they will.

They dio fire in other guns. Sometimes they will fire in the G35 on second strike, not always. The Glock holds the 9mm round pretty tight because it has a pivoting extractor which easily accomodates the slightly smaller case rim diameter.

My Springfield XD-40 (which has a fixed extractor) does not hold tension well using a 9mm conversion barrel and will FTE sometimes. It doesn't light strike.

• 2 weeks later...