Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Catching The Mag

B.J. Norris

OK, so I'm not quite Phil Strader, but I'm gettin there. ;) Dry-firing last night I finally caught the mag falling out of the gun at my knee with 4 dummy rounds in it, with the new mag seated in the gun fully. That's really something to put you in a good mood.

• 1 month later...

Was "practicing" (more like doing anything but work) with Phil today before his match and finally caught the mag out of my Glock with him in the same room. Then went to his match and shot poorly. But I didn't drop a reload. Even did and extra one. Haha

JLJ

I did the trick about two weeks ago. It was about the 15th attempt, and I snagged that sucker about a foot off the ground.

I was excited! The down side was that it took me another 15 reloads to get my correct form back.

That crap ain't for matches. Although it brings new hope in gaming IDPA reloads. ;)

BTW, BJ won it in Production. Pre-lim results are up at www.shootersparadise.com - all this by a junior who did not win the match using his new "catch the mag" trick (which is WAY more tactical, I'm sure!). Congrats BJ!! Good shooting, a sound plan & smooth movement paid off.