Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can tumbling be done on same bench top as press

lucas

Thats how I have been doing it for my first 1K rds loaded .Once even while I was loading.I never loaded more than approx 250rds per session.Only thing I noticed was chrono results from my first loaded rounds with leaky powder bar and spacer were 167pf to 169pf with decent SD's .After replacing defective parts and ajusting powder for same grain my PF now is 170 to 173pf which could of been caused just by me or replacement parts .I have since backed it off a bit.

If tumbling on same bench top as loader is bad because of powder compression or what not ;I havent experienced it yet as far as I know from my test loads.

My SD's have been acceptable along with every thing else.Have I just been lucky?

I would not do just because of the mess the tumbler makes, never thought of the viberation compressing the powder. I think that is one of the things you would have to show me before I believe it.--------Larry

My tumbler goes on the floor of the garage, or back porch.

Both are concrete and easy to sweep and hose clean.

Spent brass, and used media contain lead. no need dusting your work area with it.

Edited by Derek45

My tumbler and two presses are on the same bench. It's a matter of space for me. That being said, the only time I can't run the tumbler is when I am weighing charges. The vibration screws up the scale. Other than than, I have had no problems.

FWIW

dj

I would not do just because of the mess the tumbler makes, never thought of the viberation compressing the powder. I think that is one of the things you would have to show me before I believe it.--------Larry

My tumbler doesnt make any mess when I dump the brass in or while its tumbling. When I dump it out into the seperartor and media back in the tumbler I do that at the other end of my garage by the door ,and wear a dust mask.If mess is the only concern then it sounds like I'm okay and dont have to worry about metering problems as a result.Right?

Why not just turn it off when loading?

Neal in AZ

Why not just set the tumbler on the floor?

I tumble outside, I don't want to breath any of that dust, at all.

My lead level is already high :angry2:

I'm not going to tumble while I load anymore just incase metering changes from tumbler on vs tumbler off does change things, and so I can weigh on my scale accurately,but should I be concerned about lead dust like kz45 is even though the tumbler lid is closed tight when on?