Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MINOR G34 LOAD

Dan Hefta

I am looking for some advise on a good 130 PF load using a G34, 115 gr Montana Gold FMJ bullets and Win primers. I am currently using Power Pistol powder 5.6 grs and have a 130PF. I am thinking of switching to Titegroup and am looking for a good starting point. Any and all advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dan :blink:

I am looking for some advise on a good 130 PF load using a G34, 115 gr Montana Gold FMJ bullets and Win primers. I am currently using Power Pistol powder 5.6 grs and have a 130PF. I am thinking of switching to Titegroup and am looking for a good starting point. Any and all advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dan :blink:

Check in the reloading section under 9mm. There is everything you need there.

I am looking for a specific load for a specific gun so I thought that the Glock Forum would be a good place to start. I am not having any luck in the reloading section. I know that there are a lot of G34 shooters out there that use 115gr bullets and titegroup. The Titegroup website has some reloading data but it is not gun specific. So anybody who has a load that they want to share info on I would appreciate it. Dan :rolleyes:

I am looking for a specific load for a specific gun so I thought that the Glock Forum would be a good place to start. I am not having any luck in the reloading section. I know that there are a lot of G34 shooters out there that use 115gr bullets and titegroup. The Titegroup website has some reloading data but it is not gun specific. So anybody who has a load that they want to share info on I would appreciate it. Dan :rolleyes:

I have been working loads with Titegroup and my new G34 for the last couple of weeks - hope this helps.

Wiht G34: I am using 115g FMJ bullet with 4.1g of Titegroup, Win small pimers, and OAL of 1.15. I am getting it to chrono, in daylight, at pf128.05 @32 degrees, and pf 128.72 @45 degrees. Used the LED shields on the chrono 2 days ago and it came up as pf123.683 @44 degrees, not sure why the large difference, but some other ammo we ran across it showed the same percentage loss in pf. Still trying to figure this out. I started this load at 3.8g of Titegroup and had a pf of 124.3

I have some 125g FMJ data also if your interested.

-Adam

I have been working loads with Titegroup and my new G34 for the last couple of weeks - hope this helps.

Wiht G34: I am using 115g FMJ bullet with 4.1g of Titegroup, Win small pimers, and OAL of 1.15. I am getting it to chrono, in daylight, at pf128.05 @32 degrees, and pf 128.72 @45 degrees. Used the LED shields on the chrono 2 days ago and it came up as pf123.683 @44 degrees, not sure why the large difference, but some other ammo we ran across it showed the same percentage loss in pf. Still trying to figure this out. I started this load at 3.8g of Titegroup and had a pf of 124.3

I have some 125g FMJ data also if your interested.

-Adam

Adam, thanks for the info that is exactly what I needed to start my loads from. I like to be at 130 PF, so I will bump it up a bit. I want to make sure that the steel falls. Thanks again, Dan

I know you asked about 115 but here is a really soft shooting load,I think the 147's drop the steel better.

147 gr Barry plated

1.145 oal

3.2 gr clays

128 to 130 pf

steel will fall

shoots like a 22.

my load for Glock 34

pat

Edited by PJONES5

I know you asked about 115 but here is a really soft shooting load,I think the 147's drop the steel better.

147 gr Barry plated

1.145 oal

3.2 gr clays

128 to 130 pf

steel will fall

shoots like a 22.

my load for Glock 34

pat

I have heard that 147gr is the bullet to go with, however I just got 4000 Montana Gold 115gr bullets and with the price of lead now I think I am going to stay with 115gr for now, I may try that load in the future so thanks for the info. Thanks alot Pat, Dan

pat

I have heard that 147gr is the bullet to go with, however I just got 4000 Montana Gold 115gr bullets and with the price of lead now I think I am going to stay with 115gr for now, I may try that load in the future so thanks for the info. Thanks alot Pat, Dan

Question - I have heard other people talk about using heavy bullets in 9mm and the steel issue. My question is if the PF is the same on different weight bullets, both loads should be delivering the same amount of energy. So is this just a felt / perceived difference in Steel's reaction? I don't have any heavy bullets or I would load them up and see for myself.

Adam

pat

Question - I have heard other people talk about using heavy bullets in 9mm and the steel issue. My question is if the PF is the same on different weight bullets, both loads should be delivering the same amount of energy. So is this just a felt / perceived difference in Steel's reaction? I don't have any heavy bullets or I would load them up and see for myself.

Adam

Not to give a short answer,as I am a old Hillbilly and not up on the book smarts.

Heaver bullet weight transfer's more energy to the target.

It works.

pat

pat

Adam

Not to give a short answer,as I am a old Hillbilly and not up on the book smarts.

Heaver bullet weight transfer's more energy to the target.

It works.

pat

That simple answer makes sense to me, without doing all of the science! Adam

Are you going to believe you lying eyes or are going to believe me.

I have both G34 and G35 production guns. At equivalent Power Factors, as close to 130 as I can make them, the G35 shoots softer with 180 grain Zeros than G34 with 147 Zeros.

Unfortunately, and I don't understand why, I leave steel poppers standing with the 180 Zeros. Guess what I shoot major matches with?

Comparing the 115 to the 147 knocking down steel how about getting hit with a tennis ball and a baseball both traveling at 900fps which one will jar you the most? Extreme example but I think that's why the 147 works better on steel than the 115.

Dan,

I know you didn't ask about other bullet weights, but since you are collecting info, I get excellent results in my G34 using a 124gr bullet. It splits the difference nicely between the 115gr and the 147gr. My formula is a Berry's copper coated 124gr RN bullet with 3.9gr TiteGroup powder and an OAL of 1.155 to get me a PF of 131.x in my G34. This load also makes Minor in my G17 which is nice in case I have problems in a match that force me to switch to the backup gun. This load also works great for me on knock-down steel. As far as cost, the 124gr Berry bullets cost a couple of dollars less than the MG 115gr bullets. Just something to consider when you run out of your current stash of 115gr bullets. For what it's worth, I actually prefer the Montana Gold bullets. They rock, and I pay the extra money to shoot them in my 40 cal guns. But I needed a "non-jacketed" load for one of the clubs I shoot at and that had me try the Berry's.

-Cuz.

Comparing the 115 to the 147 knocking down steel how about getting hit with a tennis ball and a baseball both traveling at 900fps which one will jar you the most? Extreme example but I think that's why the 147 works better on steel than the 115.

I don’t have an opinion on what drops steel better, but he’s talking about shooting steel with different weight bullets at the same power factor. As such for your analogy to hold up you would have to compare getting hit by a baseball at 900 fps vs. a tennis ball at, I'm guessing, 2500 fps.

• 10 months later...

147 gr Barry plated

1.145 oal

3.2 gr clays

128 to 130 pf

steel will fall

shoots like a 22.

my load for Glock 34

pat

Hi

With this load did you change the opperating spring ???