Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tripp Custom Limited STI

Does anyone have any experience with one of Virgil Tripp's custom pistols? I realize he doesn't build pistols that often, but he says he has some out there. I've been talking with him about building me a limited pistol. His price and wait are very attractive!

Does anyone have any experience with one of Virgil Tripp's custom pistols? I realize he doesn't build pistols that often, but he says he has some out there. I've been talking with him about building me a limited pistol. His price and wait are very attractive!
Very good pistolsmith. does extremely nice pistols that run. If you can get him to build one dont miss that chance.-------------Larry Edited by Larry White

Although I do not have one I have shot one that my friend owns and there is another one in

our club that is a absolute drill. Trip has a stellar reputation and is was one of the original

Partners in STI. (the "T") I also herd that his turn around is excellent and he is very

approachable in regards to communications with his customers

I do not think that you could go wrong by having him build you a gun.

dcalvert

My Limited gun may be one of the guns dcalvert is talking about since we shoot at the same club. My gun looks good (in my opinion), was reasonably priced, shoots great, is accurate, great slide to frame fit, and most importantly......IT RUNS.....always. Virgil is a great guy and he's always willing to communicate with you.

He built me a single stack 9MM 1911 which I am very happy with. The gun always draws rave reviews when people see it for the first time. It is a shame that he stopped taking smithing work and now I hear that he is getting out of the finishing business. I understand that his magazine business has gone straight through the roof and something had to give. It is just a shame for all of us because we lost two great resources at once.

He built me a single stack 9MM 1911 which I am very happy with. The gun always draws rave reviews when people see it for the first time. It is a shame that he stopped taking smithing work and now I hear that he is getting out of the finishing business. I understand that his magazine business has gone straight through the roof and something had to give. It is just a shame for all of us because we lost two great resources at once.

He's getting back in to the gun building business. He never REALLY left.....he just focused on other things for a bit.

Jason I am aware of the fact that he was quietly doing work for LEO and guys who he had built guns for in the past. He offered to build a limited gun for me after he stopped taking work. Last I heard he had plans to offer pre-packaged guns but it was my understanding that it wasn't going to be like it used to be where you could spec a full house gun the way you wanted it. If that has changed since I last talked to him that is welcome news.