Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

It's Reloadin' Time...!

SiG Lady

1. Trustworthy local shooting friend is suddenly selling his Square Deal with three dies (.45, .40, 9mm) for a very reasonable sum... (he's buying a 550)

2. Received a cash bonus at work today in the amount approximately equal to the price of the above-mentioned reloader.

Sometimes--yes, sometimes--things do add up. ;)

Brian, you couldn't LIVE on the near-minumum-wage pay that I receive there. <_<:angry: Nice folks and a flexible schedule, but we're not getting rich. Not even close. (but they do put up with me an my guns... ;) and THAT'S kinda nice).

Alrighty then! This will definitely add a new dimension to your shooting. Or at least your BS'n about shooting. Now go forth and seek out a buddy with a chronograph! Oh, yes, have you figured out how and where to mount it yet?

Tom Bergman

TL--

Right... dozens of posts like, "Help! What do I do now..??!!!!" ...and the like. ;)

DB101--

Heck, everyone I know reloads for themselves! No profit in it (other than the money I'll save in doing this service for MYSELF!) Meanwhile, I go find my cheescake wherever I can find it! Hmmm, well, maybe I SHOULD offer reloading services with a cheesecake exclusive of some kind. Certainly would be unique. :lol:

No, I think I'd better concentrate on learning how to USE this thing first. :D

twix--

Yes, perhaps someday I'll really, truly have something relevant to say on this forum. ;)

The system is headed for a small hall closet... a mini-setting for sure, but it'll work for a while. There's lighting and ventilation there, so it could be worse.

Aw, hey, I only meant that the reloading will give you more to talk about with your fellow shooters, not that YOU are just a BS'r. BS'n is what shooters do (BS= talking/thinking about shooting) when we're not shooting.

SiG Lady,

WTG! I think you’ll like your SDB I know I like mine. Now all you need is a scale, bullets, powder and primers and away you go! :D

Twix is right, it’ll add a whole new dimension to the sport and like the sport those dimensions can be both joyous and frustrating. From reading your posts I think you have a bunch of capable people to advise you locally and, of course, you have us. :)

Some people REALLY get into it, one guy at the club told me “most people reload so they can shoot more, I shoot so I can reload”. I even find myself futzing with different powders, bullets, OAL… Hell it’s part of the fun! ;)

Ed

SA--

I know. ;) But I'll get better faster... and assume more internal responsibility for my shooting stuff. Oh, and then you won't be able to get RID of me...!... I'll be wantin' to talk it up all the time!!! :lol: