Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Speed Sticks

BigDave

Dave, I have no experience with them (Then why the hell are you replying, you #$#@#???? :)), but I can reload faster without them then the movie clip on ther site. It's just another "thing" that's in the way when reloading, I would say. That, and the rediculous price is the reason I never order them, FWIW.

Big Dave, If your rounds are loose in the clip, (bullet nose dip) and your are having trouble finding the cylinder holes, Speed sticks work well. In a 625 where there is more hole than metal there is no real need unless you wish (for whatever reason) to fire semi Wade cutters. It will help with that but round noses are so much faster. I use them. They are not cheap. Phil has to make each one on a lathe. And each model of clip is different and each caliber of revo is different still. If you have visited the website of azwildbunch.com you can see the movie clips. These were reloads with eight shot 38 supers and the rounds are very loose. If you wish you can e-mail me for a longer sermon and thoughts. Hope this helps.

I haven't used the Speed Sticks but I have watched others use them quite a bit and they seemed to really like them. I guess the price is kind of high compared to the cost of say, one moon clip, but it seems cheap compared to the cost of a mag for my STI....

-ld

Big Dave,

I make the SpeedSticks, and I'll be happy to answer any questions you have. As for being expensive, I guess it depends on your perspective. I make each on on a lathe, it takes me about an hour for each one, I am not getting rich making them. Look at all the other shooting supplies people buy and there cost, I'll bet if it took an hour to make these products the price of them would be much more than $25.

I'm a shooter and I stand behind my product, ask anyone who has purchased from me. ( If you ask, I'll give you some email addresses) I spend hours on the telephone talking to people, who were interested, and then explain to them that they won't help them. I care about shooters, not making the almighty buck!

As for "Spook" reloading faster then the video, maybe he can? But to reload fast it takes a lot of practice with whatever method you use.

If you want to contact me here is the web page my email address and other contact information is located there.

www.azwildbunch.com

{edited to fix URL}

As for "Spook" reloading faster then the video, maybe he can? But to reload fast it takes a lot of practice with whatever method you use.

That's true. It definately takes time to get your reloads down to an acceptable time.

I have personally dealt with Phil and his extra attention to his product when you purchase from him is beyond words. He truly tries to help you and his efforts extend beyond his product. And the speedsticks work exactly as he represents. How often does that happen?

My wife shoots a 627 and she loves the speedsticks. She started using them as a beginner and we noticed a huge improvement in her reloading proficiency. She continues to use them and sees no need to change.

We have noticed that they seem to work better for you if you reload holding the rounds in your left hand.

If you get some we do recommend coloring them with some bright color as the black plastic blends in with gray gravel. You sure don't want to lose them!

Paul