Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cost for a case of Masterblaster .40 bullets?

Fullauto_Shooter

I've got a complete case (2500 rds I think) of moly-coated Masterblaster .40 bullets (180gr) that I picked up a couple years back. They are still in the ammo can that I received them in from the factory. Realize that Masterblaster went out of business recently - I'm thinking of selling or trading these - what are they worth?

Derek, I bought a bunch of those cases also right before he quit the business. Right now I'm using Ramshot Competition but am about to run out. What powder are you using/did you use with these bullets?

Thx.

Started with WST, ran TG for a while, and went back to WST. :cheers:

I think his website recommended Ramshot Competition, but It's not on the shelves here, so I never tried it.

I really loved these bullets, and there price.

Now I'm shooting Precision, which I also like.

...Seems like everybody else likes 'em too, because the order I placed Jan.23, got here today.

A couple folks told me that these bullets came 2500 to a case but I just got a note from another guy who said there were 2100 of them in the ammo can case. Seeing that the old Masterblaster website is gone, can anyone answer with 100% certainty the number of bullets in the ammo can case?? I don't want to misrepresent what I'm selling and I damn sure don't want to have to count those things one-by-one. Anyone who knows for sure, please speak up.

Thanks,

Doug

Derek, I bought a bunch of those cases also right before he quit the business. Right now I'm using Ramshot Competition but am about to run out. What powder are you using/did you use with these bullets?

Thx.

2500 in a case, and I have been shooting them with Univ Clays. No smoke, no leading, nice and soft.

... and I damn sure don't want to have to count those things one-by-one.

Thanks,

Doug

Weigh ten or twenty, then weigh the case subtract the weight of the can and divide the contents weight by the 10 or 20 weight and do the math.

Total package weight - empty package weight divided by the weight of 100 bullets in pounds should give you the number of hundreds in the can.

i bought them at 2500 a case

Harmon

They might have had larger cans at one time but the mini case held 2100 and the maxi case (3 mini cases) held 6300.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...mp;hl=maxi+case

The best way to find out is to weigh the can. It'll be closer to 56 lbs v. 66 lbs.

Edited by al503

I had several cases over the years, and they never had the same amount. 2100-2250 - never had one of the later ones with "2500".

Good bullets, bad math. They did it by volume of the can and/or weight, but me thinks their scale sucked.