Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where can I find small frame big sticks

dand38s

I have a friend that has a old Springfield P9 Open gun in 9X21. As far as I know it uses the same mags as the TZ, CZ, EAA and clones. I want to get him one or two big sticks so he can compete in Open class, but I have not been able to find any place that sells them. I noticed that Henning has big sticks for the large frame, just not small frame.

Am I out of luck since this is not a popular Open gun on a small frame?

Any help would be appreciated.

There are two other choices.

One, Cheaperthandirt.com you can get factory cz-75 9mm 25 round mags. I have two of them, I can't say they are 100% reliable though. They cost at least $50 each if I remember correctly.

Second, EAA currently has some small frame factory Tanfoglio mags, 9mm 25 rounders, in stock. I've got one coming so I haven't seen it yet. That costs about $110 each.

It's under this heading:

38 Super Magazine USPSA / IPSC Legal 170.00mm

The 2007 designed magazine body that functions flawlessly in 38 Super Rimless.

Available in factory configuration or fully tuned assembled with my own H-170 aluminum pad and Grams 12-coil spring to achieve an amazing 29 + 1 round capacity.

This is for a LARGE FRAME ! If you are not sure what frame you have, check your mags. Large Frame Mags measure: 1.345" x 0.850".

Factory 38 Super Magazine 25 + 1 Rounds Price: $125.00

Factory 9mm Magazine (Small Frame) (Only 3 in stock!) Price $150.00

If you still can't see it, just give Henning a call.

Edited by BritinUSA

It's under this heading:

38 Super Magazine USPSA / IPSC Legal 170.00mm

The 2007 designed magazine body that functions flawlessly in 38 Super Rimless.

Available in factory configuration or fully tuned assembled with my own H-170 aluminum pad and Grams 12-coil spring to achieve an amazing 29 + 1 round capacity.

This is for a LARGE FRAME ! If you are not sure what frame you have, check your mags. Large Frame Mags measure: 1.345" x 0.850".

Factory 38 Super Magazine 25 + 1 Rounds Price: $125.00

Factory 9mm Magazine (Small Frame) (Only 3 in stock!) Price $150.00

If you still can't see it, just give Henning a call.

I didn't think I needed to be that specific.

Promised to be playing around with mag-capacity on the small big stick mags here shortly. Should be possible to increase capacity.

9mm in small frame rocks big time. I shot those guns in '92 - '95 with 100% function on new or well-sized brass. Then Tanfoglio came out with their 38 supers and I switched. Even built a one-off 9x25 on a large frame. Don't think ANYONE ELSE ever did. It was cool, but they didn't have 40S&W or 10mm mags back then so it stopped the project. Also mag capacity in 10mm wasn't as great or not available in big sticks. Those were the days... when we built everything just to try. I even had a 9x22 Dillon if you've ever heard of that. It's a 40 S&W necked down to 9. It was built on a small frame and gave you the same case capacity as a 38 super in a small frame gun. Cool and very unique. Dillon sold the dies for both 9x25 and 9x22 back then. Fads that disappeared and most people haven't even heard of.

Tried the new factory Witness mag tonight I mentioned above. Worked flawlessly (thank gosh...) I've been having a lot of mag trouble lately so it was a relief for one to finally work.

My grandfather has a 9x21 Eaa Small on a small frame (it was made back in '95). We have a couple of 25 round big sticks (at least that is what we call them) that function so-so. I don't think we have gotten a big stick to work truly 100% yet but we are still experimenting with mag bases and also tubes.

Tried the new factory Witness mag tonight I mentioned above. Worked flawlessly (thank gosh...) I've been having a lot of mag trouble lately so it was a relief for one to finally work.

What is the capacity of that magazine?