Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No More Tripp Hardchrome.......

DPMS Man

I've done some wiring in plating facilities and it is even worse than HSMITH says it is.

I once saw a co-worker who had already been working in the facility for an hour or more, without washing his hands first, try to rub his eye ................ we quickly yelled to him, and stopped him from losing an important body part. :surprise: Or at least kept him from having a month long burning sensation in his eye.

Hello: I know certain states make it almost impossible to do chrome plating and heat treating. Alot of chemical companies are not aloud to transport certain chemicals across state lines because they are so nasty. I don't blame him for getting away from plating. He will live longer. Thanks, Eric

I just got my limited gun back Friday from apw they did an awesome job!!! fast turn around also only took 2 weeks just in time for today's uspsa match was tight at first but cycled the gun a ton of times by hand then shot couple hundered rounds yesterday and today it ran 100%. The brush finish is very nice! I recommend APW.

Okay, I gotta ask then... you all got a link or contact info for APW then?

OOOppss nevermind... I just saw where APW stands for Accurate Plating and Weaponry, so I could probably just do a google search.

Edited by Chills1994

• 3 weeks later...
Chroming equipment and chemicals used are SUPER nasty, beyond nasty.......

When I first started working for Cincinnati Milacron I was there 2nd shift chrome plater, the stuff is nasty, they paid for my uniforms and boots, none of it could be worn home due to regulations, says right on the can of chromic acid, THIS CAUSES CANCER, not a may cause cancer like cigarettes, LOL...It also had a label that said causes sterility, though not sure about that one as I have 3 kids..hehe.......I ran back there for a year before moving to a lathe, now a mill.

Edited by robomanusa