Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unprofessional Big Corporations

chuckbradley

Ok my 800 number bill has been billed to a credit card for years. Yesterday it quit working. No call from the BIG company just cut me off. I even forgot who had the service. Once I found them I called and they said the expiration date on my card was expired and I owed 4 months bill. I asked them why they couldnt have simply called the 800 number to notify us there was a problem. They said sorry. We will have it turned on in 24-48 hours. I asked if they could expedite it as it was a business line. She repeated herself. Its still not on as I write this. Makes you want to ring somebodies neck. Welcome to the electronic age with no mailed bills.

No wonder when I tried the 800 number that's saved in my phone, it didn't work. Good thing you've got the regular number so we can still bug you! ;) Hope it gets back up and running soon for people who need to hit the 800 number.

~Mitch

Edited by UW Mitch

Not the same as Chuck's business line...

I had the same thing happen to me a number of years back. With one of the start-up phone companies (CLEC). They wanted to charge me a nice fee to "sign back up". I suggested they just put me back on with the new card, and not worry about it for another 3yrs. ;)

They didn't budge. I knew exactly what it cost them in marketing to get a new customer to replace me (hundreds of dollars compared to the $50-60 they wanted to hit me with). I wasn't paying it. The customer service rep was trying to scare me with the thought of not having a phone "for weeks while I switched to somebody else". I found that laughable. This was before broadband was readily available. I was trading stocks pretty heavy at the time and had a few phone lines from different carriers (as back-ups)..and everybody in the house had a cell phone.

I should pay more attention to my expiration dates.