Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

UnderArmour_APT shoes

Filishooter

Has anyone checked out the UA Twin Bil All Purpose Turf Shoe? The sole looks like it would work well on a variety of surfaces. The nubs look similar to the GSG9s (not exactly but a bunch of small rubber nubs instead of fewer large ones).

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/mens/footw...APV/1099055-001

uaaptsy8.jpg

uaaptsoleih0.jpg

Edited by Filishooter

I wouldnt know .............. there's not a soul in the world who could convince me to spend $100 on a pair of cleats when my Nike Landsharks perform well, feel very nice, and cost 1/3rd the price of the UA cleats.

edit to add: when they first came out they were $100 but I see they now are $65 <_< still a little bit much IMHO

The Landsharks have both smaller nubs & large chunks of cleats, and I will tell you this ..... after only 1 year, the small nubs will be worn away. Might be something to think about.

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

Out of curiousity, how long have you had them Jay6 ?

I've had my Landsharks for over 2 years, and while the small nubs have worn down to useless-ness the rest of the tread, as well as the entire upper is still in great shape. I was going to replace them this season, but they look and feel great so I think 1 more season and I will call them done.

Went to Dick's at lunchtime to see if they had these. They didn't...I did try on some Landsharks and I'm not sure they are for me. I've been wearing Nike ACG all-terrain sneaks and wearing full on cleats feels strange to me, a little stiff. Could these UA be a good in-between compromise? It may offer better traction than trail shoes in the grass/dirt and be better on wood planks than cleats. I don't know.

I wouldn't compare wear properties from one brand and type of shoe to another. Think of tires with different rubber compounds and properties, some wear more than others. The rubber nubs probably WILL wear faster than hard plastic but I'd like to here from someone who has been using them. If it gives good overall traction and is comfortable I'd deal with the wear. We spend so much money on our firearms and other toys, $65 for my feet isn't too bad if they are worth it.

Edited by Filishooter

Went to Dick's at lunchtime to see if they had these. They didn't...I did try on some Landsharks and I'm not sure they are for me. I've been wearing Nike ACG all-terrain sneaks and wearing full on cleats feels strange to me, a little stiff. Could these UA be a good in-between compromise? It may offer better traction than trail shoes in the grass/dirt and be better on wood planks than cleats. I don't know.

I wouldn't compare wear properties from one brand and type of shoe to another. Think of tires with different rubber compounds and properties, some wear more than others. The rubber nubs probably WILL wear faster than hard plastic but I'd like to here from someone who has been using them. If it gives good overall traction and is comfortable I'd deal with the wear. We spend so much money on our firearms and other toys, $65 for my feet isn't too bad if they are worth it.

IMO, UA is more comfortable than the landsharks, have used both. but the turf shoes you plan on buying might not offer good traction on muddy surfaces, not much different from your present acgs. i think the UA hammer model would be a better choice, except on wooden surfaces!!

Just got mine, havent' put them to hard use yet but they seem to show good promise as an all conditions shoe. Good grip on hardwood floor, excellent on grass and soft dirt and they should do well on a rocky surface.

I agree with most of you guys, I have tried the Landshark and they are great especially considering the price. I think I like the UA Hammer better. They seem to have just as much grip but are more comfortable after a full days use. Clint

Another good shoe with pretty much the same spike pattern in the Mizuno 9 spike blast. Its also a little cheaper. I bought a pair last year and they are very comfortable and have shown little wear on the spikes.

ccL

Out of curiousity, how long have you had them Jay6 ?

I've had my Landsharks for over 2 years, and while the small nubs have worn down to useless-ness the rest of the tread, as well as the entire upper is still in great shape. I was going to replace them this season, but they look and feel great so I think 1 more season and I will call them done.

Not very long. Used for one match in the fall, then for a bunch of practice and I have been wearing them in the basement while working on movement drills this winter. They seem to be standing up well to the limited use I have given them so far, but I was more impressed with the feel of them. For a mid sized turf, they feel like a running shoe. I will check back in after a full season and see of they are still alive :D