Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zero 108 gr JSPs

PINMAN44

I'm so mad. I recently found out that my favorite bullet for my 9 is no longer being made. I love 108 gr Jacketed soft points for my 9x23 supers. Does anyone know of a similar product?

The the load my daddy conjured for me with that bullet is like the holy grail for my pistol. I'm pretty pissed.

:angry:

I'm so mad. I recently found out that my favorite bullet for my 9 is no longer being made. I love 108 gr Jacketed soft points for my 9x23 supers. Does anyone know of a similar product?

The the load my daddy conjured for me with that bullet is like the holy grail for my pistol. I'm pretty pissed.

:angry:

What kind of powder are you running? How much? What length of bbl? What have you got for a comp? Any blow holes?

I'm scared to keep giving this info out because they will soon be in the same boat as Zero. Buy Montana Gold. Awesome quality bullet and extremely accurate. When you take the case price and break it down to cost per bullet.....they are only slightly more than Zeros. and the good thing is shipping is included in their price. And you get your order within 2-3 days of placing it. I get mine in two days.

Zero gets behind because there sole obligation is to Georgia Arms. Especially .223 bullets in 55 FMJ. They supply GA Arms 100k 223 bullets a week as well as all their FMJ pistol bullets. To keep up, they have to pull one of their other machines off line for a week to produce the 223's. They rotate the machines that they pull down to make the 223's each week. On top of that Atlanta Arms piggybacks on GA Arms order for all his hollowpoint bullets which they are slow to produce for him because of all the FMJ stuff they make for GA Arms. From what I understand at Zero from the guys at GA Arms is that Margaret at Zero does not want to expand because all of their equipment is paid for and she does not want to add overhead and makes due with what they have and run 6 days a week almost round the clock in shifts.

Edited by 00bullitt

I'm scared to keep giving this info out because they will soon be in the same boat as Zero. Buy Montana Gold. Awesome quality bullet and extremely accurate. When you take the case price and break it down to cost per bullet.....they are only slightly more than Zeros. and the good thing is shipping is included in their price. And you get your order within 2-3 days of placing it. I get mine in two days.

Zero gets behind because there sole obligation is to Georgia Arms. Especially .223 bullets in 55 FMJ. They supply GA Arms 100k 223 bullets a week as well as all their FMJ pistol bullets. To keep, they have to pull one of their other machines off line for a week to produce the 223's. They rotate the machines that they pull down to make the 223's each week. On top of that Atlanta Arms piggybacks on GA Arms order for all his hollowpoint bullets which they are slow to produce for him because of all the FMJ stuff they make for GA Arms. From what I understand at Zero from the guys at GA Arms is that Margaret at Zero does not want to expand becasue all of their equipment is paid for and she does not want to add overhead and makes due with what they have and run 6 days a week almost round the clock in shifts.

I had no idea GA Arms produced that much ammo. Wow, 100,000 rounds of 223 a week? That is a bunch.

Keep in mind if you are shooting USPSA Open, you can't declare major with a bullet weight under 112gr.

See appendix D1

Yes, well, there IS that.... ;)

While you are looking for the 108gr rounds, see if you can find anything other than the 135gr bullets from Zero out there. All of their stock in 9, 40 and 45 seems to have dried up like a Kansas Wheat field in 1929.

Hey guys sorry about th confusion. I shoot steel only. I do not shoot IPSC. The 108 jsp load my daddy concocted was perfect for my gun.

I have used the 135 gr zeros. They seem to be the most cost effective bullet.

I used a 135 gr with 7.5 grains of HS7

Pinman.......Remington makes a 102gr jhp that is for the golden saber line.....pretty expensive....Midway usually has some for sale. I usually buy the Remington 88jhps or the Montana Gold 95 jhps for steel. They are what you are looking for. Load them out to 1.150 or a little bit longer and you should be real close to what you had.

Due to the high prices I am using 115jhps......I can buy a big lot of them and use them for all the steel matches I shoot....Not ideal, but it works just fine for me.

Dont make the mistake and buy 95gr fmj or the like......Your accuracy goes to hell quickly with these little bullets if they are not JHPs......

Good luck,

DougC

I did not know that Zero made .223 cal 55gr FMJ bullets, can you tell me where you got that info?

Greg in VA

They make them exclusively for GA Arms only. Not sold to the public. they have an agreement to supply GA Arms 100k a week. The info came straight from Curtis' mouth. I live 5 minutes from their shop.

Zero bullets does not make any .223 cal bullets..........I am sponsored by them and just wanted to let you know this, now I'm not trying to start anything be saying that but I have talked to ZERO today and once again was told they do not make any .223 cal 55gr FMJ bullets.

Greg in VA

Its not meant to be public knowledge............unfortunately you are misinformed. I've seen them in abundance myself in the carboard barrels that they occupy when picked up in Cullman,Alabama.

Like I said......they are manufactured strictly for Georgia Arms and not for sale to the public unless you buy loaded canned heat in 55FMJ from GA Arms.

But......whatever you say :ph34r:

Zero bullets does not make any .223 cal bullets..........I am sponsored by them and just wanted to let you know this, now I'm not trying to start anything be saying that but I have talked to ZERO today and once again was told they do not make any .223 cal 55gr FMJ bullets.

Greg in VA

Greg----what does Zero say about being out of stock on so many items? Really amazing the stock seems so low from a company in the business of making bullets.

I did not want to start an argument, So I'm done with the .223 part of this post.

I know that they are very busy making bullets as fast as they can and are trying to keep up with orders, I don't know why they are out, but I will call Friday and ask and I'll let you know.....

Greg

I did not want to start an argument, So I'm done with the .223 part of this post.

I know that they are very busy making bullets as fast as they can and are trying to keep up with orders, I don't know why they are out, but I will call Friday and ask and I'll let you know.....

Greg

Greg, just went to Rose's site and see that there is stock in several categories that I thought were out the last time I checked.