Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Tuned mags

Kingman

Ok, so I have been on and off due to school moving working etc over the last several years. So last year I get back in and decide to really work on getting a 9 open gun running since the price of super brass has gone up.

So I put together a 9mm gun and some STI mags. I did what I could to get it running. Overall I would say I had about 90% or so reliability maybe a little better at times. But overall just a pain dealing with how to do spacers and get it 100%. So I made some decisions over the winter.

I ordered up several SVI mags tubes. Well I get the mag tubes and 2 work and the rest are not functional. They won't fit in the gun, won't seat etc. The list just goes on. Well one of the ones that I originally thought works decides its going to puke on the 15th round every single time. So I am like What Is Going ON. So I posed a topic here trying to get some help on what the problems might be. Overall I got some great advice, but one of you said send them to get tuned.

So I took the advice, boxed them up and sent them off to Howard. I get a call about the specs of the mags being off and the 170 not mag gauging at all. So my reply is "fix it" gotta do what you gotta do. He noticed that the 170 that was puking on round 15 is about the size of a .40 mag and not a 9 mag. So he takes it all and works it out.

About a week or so later I get a package back from Howard. Well no match that weekend so no chance to test them. This weekend I got a chance to actually use them. I have never been convinced a 9mm mag would run perfect until now. I have no clue how he did it. I thought I was good, but wow. Having mags that work perfectly makes a huge confidence level. Overall if you are looking to get work done. Wow.. Thank you

Helped to get these results

1 Bone, Dan TY31488 M Open Major N N 702.0691 100.00%

2 Sindelar, Todd TY28555 M Open Major N N 698.7859 99.53%

3 Jones, Rebecca A35587 A Open Major Y N 693.4628 98.77%

4 Jarrett, Todd L2458 GM Single Stack Major N N 682.2780 97.18%

5 Wodack, Greg A28710 GM Open Major N N 649.7335 92.55%

6 King, Bob L2902 B Open Major N N 640.5761 91.24%

Edited by Kingman