Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tim Lott

Bwana Six-Gun

Just learned that Tim Lott, a damn fine revolver shooter passed away yesterday. I don't have any details yet, but he will certainly be missed. He was the MS State Champion in Revolver Division in 2002, 2003 and 2005. He was one of the founding members of the Mississippi Revolver Asociation, our ICORE club, and a regular shooter with Team Magnolia. He will certainly be missed here in the Magnolia state. When I find out more info, I will post it here.

Prayers for his wife and family.

Visitation is 12 to 2 at Jones Funeral Home in Hattiesburg, MS on Hwy 98. Funeral to follow at 2 PM. I don't know what else to say except that I shot against Tim on several occasions and always got my butt handed to me. I looked forward to the day I could beat him heads up. I will miss him and I know the other wheel-gunners in MS will miss him as well. He was a quiet un-assuming fellow who was always ready to give advice or help.

God Speed Tim. All A's at the big match.

PAT DeBerry

I last shot with Tim in the early 90's. He was running the SMPSA. He would drive over to Mobile and shoot with us and several of us would make the long treck to shoot with him. He was a great guy and will be missed.

Edited by Huston in Austin

I shot with Tim usually twice a month and was dumbfounded to find out that he had passed away last week. He was a great guy and will definitely be missed in our little circle of shooters. He always set up what we called the "hilltop stage", and everyone always joked about making sure they had enough rounds left over to shoot Tim's stage. Even though he always shot revolver, he was notorious for setting up stages on the hill that would take several mags to shoot. It was great and he will be sorely missed. :(

Hi folks.

Well, yesterday SMPSA shot our first match without our friend. The match went well, but it was very difficult, as it was impossible not to notice the huge void created by the loss of Tim. He was THE driving force behind SMPSA, a great competitor, mentor, gentleman, and my friend. He will be sorely missed.

Next month's match, April 13, will be our anniversary 3 gun match. We have decided to dedicate that match to Tim's memory. We will have a 21 (or more) gun salute, and there is talk of placing a marker/monument, and possibly a perpetual trophy given in Tim's honor. We will record the event, and hope to give a copy to Tim's mother and father.

We want to invite all shooters, and especially everyone that knew Tim to join us. You can get details on the club website SMSPS.com.

Thanks to Hop for the link, and to all for the prayers and comments. We all have fond memories of Tim, and I hope you can join us in this.

Take care,

BW