Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

State of Alabama CCW Permit Process

DrawandDuck

I have a couple different vehicles I drive and each one has its own pistol. On occasion, more here lately, my wife drives them with the pistol still in the vehicle.....So last Tuesday I went on-line to the Shelby Co. Sheriffs web site filled out the CCW permit application, had Tonia sign it and dropped it in the mail along with a $20 check.......Got home today and the permit was in the mail box!! She is now LEGAL....Dang, now I have to go buy another pistol for the Avalanche. Maybe a SS, NOT :D

Randal

Edited by DrawandDuck

I have a couple different vehicles I drive and each one has its own pistol. On occasion, more here lately, my wife drives them with the pistol still in the vehicle.....So last Tuesday I went on-line to the Shelby Co. Sheriffs web site filled out the CCW permit application, had Tonia sign it and dropped it in the mail along with a $20 check.......Got home today and the permit was in the mail box!! She is now LEGAL....Dang, now I have to go buy another pistol for the Avalanche. Maybe a SS, NOT :D

Randal

Can be risky arming your women :P

Maybe a SS, NOT :D

Randal

Randal

Although I am a .45 SS fan, I like a HK P7M8 for a lady to carry, small, accurate and it is a VERY simple system as far as safeties go!!!

Well worth the cost, and it is a small cost for you big spending open shooters anyway :devil:

Randal

I thought Georgia wasn't too bad, but damn that's easy. Make sure she doesn't leave the dot on! B)

Randal

Can be risky arming your women :P

Now, that is just opening another can of worms......Many years ago while I was playing golf I introduced her to the game.......then she started playing MORE than myself and the country club no longer became an escape for me.......

She has shot my 9mm and knows the basic functions of the pistol but was not real keen on the "shooting thing", which is a good thing...It is hard enough to keep myself focused during matches without having to explain everyting, load 2 sets of mags (like someone I know), carry 2 bags etc.......No don't bash my head in family time is important and I do value that but there is ONE DAY that gets me through my mostly crappy work week and that is MATCH DAY on the weekend!!!! For those 3-4 hours I do not worry about anything but shooting and having a GREAT time with friends....crap, ,where did I get off on this road....anyway I am sure there are many of you who find youself traveling down ther same road...

Later,

Randal

PS....if I do arm her I will provide her one bullet and requrie she keep it in her POCKET!! :lol:

Edited by DrawandDuck

Randal

Randal,

Does Shelby county require a picture on the permit. That seems a great way to get one. Mobile county requires a new picture every 4-5 years but other than that we can renew by mail...for that nominal $20 fee of coarse <_<

djd

Randal

Randal,

Does Shelby county require a picture on the permit. That seems a great way to get one. Mobile county requires a new picture every 4-5 years but other than that we can renew by mail...for that nominal $20 fee of coarse <_<

djd

Nope, No picture..just print, complete, mail and wait a week....