Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So a couple of us are going to start making the rounds around NC for matches. First on the list is this Saturday at Sir Walter. I know to bring way more than necessary, but how many should we bring this weekend? The others are less seasoned and have to make sure they bring enough.

Next week will be Range 14!

Thanks,

Rich

Bring way more than what? Ammo? I *think* this Saturday is a 4-classifier match, plus a couple other stages, and a long field course, so I would think less than the usual 150 or so (not counting re-shoots), but you might want to ping Martin, who's the MD, and on this board: Scirocco38s

Don't forget the website: www.ncsection.org !

Welcome back!!

Another special classifer? Interesting. We shot the one in February down in South Carolina. Fun drive and good to learn where the SC State's gonna be.

See y'all at Sir Walter this weekend. I'll probably shoot Open and Production.

Rich

Yes this is our yearly 4 stage classifier. We will be using 99-53,06-02,03-08,and 03-12 as our 4 classifiers. There will also be 1 short speed course using the plate rack and 1 medium field course22-26 rounds(Im still working on it) and a 32 round long course on the big berm. Normal matches run 130-160 rounds but this one will end up in the 120 area because of the classifiers. Also remember that the match will not accept match bucks for this match as we have to pay more to uspsa and such. Match bucks will be awarded to winners and can be redeemed at any of our following matches except the state games whichj is run by NC Amateur sports and is not a sanctioned event.

Rich, where are you at...I'm at Bragg (Fayettevlle) and usually shoot the Ant Hill Match the third Sunday of the Month (in addition to SWGC the first Sat, and R14 the second Sat). Its almost exactly the same drive from Fayetteville to Ant Hill as from Fayetteville to SWGC. Its a smaller match, but a nice faciity and definately worth the 1hr50min+/- drive.

I'm sure you are aware (but just in case) that all the matches in NC (with links to the clubs) can be found here: http://www.ncsection.org/

Too bad about this week, but I hope to meet you next week at R14.

Paul

Edited by CDRODA396

• 1 month later...

So. RL1050 is back in business and going ALL THE WAY up to Sir Walter today to try and chrono loads. Apparently, in a weird irony, there aren't too many outdoor ranges here (or at least I'm not finding them) that are "public" ranges. Weekends have been pretty packed, but are now free again and so finding an outdoor range to practice at would be nice.

For those in the know, I'd appreciate some info. I used to go to Range 1 (pre-deployment) but they seem to be slowly closing their doors. There's Guns Plus and Jim's for indoor practice, but eh.... Cross Creek would be nice, but that's members only and don't know anyone who is. After that...kinda stuck. In the meantime, it's the hour and change drive up to Raleigh.

Good news is that I got my TS upper for my Open gun now! Woohoo!!!

Rich

So. RL1050 is back in business and going ALL THE WAY up to Sir Walter today to try and chrono loads. Apparently, in a weird irony, there aren't too many outdoor ranges here (or at least I'm not finding them) that are "public" ranges. Weekends have been pretty packed, but are now free again and so finding an outdoor range to practice at would be nice.

For those in the know, I'd appreciate some info. I used to go to Range 1 (pre-deployment) but they seem to be slowly closing their doors. There's Guns Plus and Jim's for indoor practice, but eh.... Cross Creek would be nice, but that's members only and don't know anyone who is. After that...kinda stuck. In the meantime, it's the hour and change drive up to Raleigh.

Good news is that I got my TS upper for my Open gun now! Woohoo!!!

Rich

Rich, Sir Walter is a memebers only club also. I hope you have someone that can let you in. I can be available but my time at the house this morning is limited. pm me for my phone number and I will try and meet you.

Yeah.......

Learned it was a private club......of course if I was the unscrupulous type, I could have hauled my crap around the fence. I learned that after walking the whole club to find if there was someone there. Wasn't.

So...on a whim, I called Mike & Chris Tilley. They were cool with me using their chrono (that's all I really needed to get done today) but also suggested that since I was up in Creedmoor that I go to Oxford. Called Frank and he took care of me. Could have really done without the long driving today, so I really, really need to find a place to practice in around Fayetteville.

Rich

Hope he gets better. Heard through the grapevine that he's one of the good builders around here. :D

Rich

Tommy built the carry pistol I still belt on almost daily (a very modified .45acp Colt Commander) in August 1996 which was a few months before his name started showing up in several of the major gun magazines. My Commander has more mods than I care to type and he did all of the work on it. It has been flawless in function since he sent it back to me - I won't even hazard a guess as to how many rounds I have put through it in the last ~12 years other than to say it was a helluva lot of ammo. The only hiccup I can remember was a 230gr Golden Saber with a bad primer from the factory in the summer of 1998 -- that was the ammo and not the Colt (lol...when you get a gun that only fails to fire once in 12 years, you remember the when, what, where, how and why).

In any event, I have zero complaints about any of his work which was very reasonably priced (not to mention the dozen (long but free of charge) phone conversations we had about picking parts, what modifications should be done, etc). In fact, I stumbled across this thread trying to track down contact information for him so I could send him my latest pistol project as I lost my ragged old address book in my last move across the states. Hopefully, his health will improve in the near future -- he's a great guy.

• 2 months later...

So...big Green kept me from the match on the 8th. I want to shoot Ant Hill's 3-Gun at the end of June. Outside of going out to Salemburg, where I don't even know if I can shoot rifle and shotgun at the Justice Academy, can anyone suggest a spot where I can zero my rifle and shotgun?

If it's the guys up in Raleigh, I have no problem headin' up there. I just need to confirm my zero.

Thanks,

Rich

Hope he gets better. Heard through the grapevine that he's one of the good builders around here. :D

Rich

Um...prayers are needed, Tommy's health isn't what it was last year. His son Jeff is doing some work though, I beleive. If you want to PM your contact info I'll pass it along.

Leam

Sunday wouldn't be bad. It'd be nice if it was the same day as a match somewhere. :D

I'll PM you by mid-week if Sunday is on.

I have an offer to shoot at the Justice Academy during the week. Haven't ever been there before and so don't know what they have and don't want to wear out my welcome on the first day.

Rich