Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Should we do away with LTD. due to lack of participation?

Here is a brainstorming thought, what if to increase participation in all the "other" divisions. Say you have a 300 person match, 50 slots for HM, 50 slots for Open, 50 slots for Iron, and the balance 150 slots for Tac optic. The first people to get their entries in or picked or whatever, fill the division they chose. After that if you want to shoot the match you have to choose from the available slots. If you don't like your choices then you can choose to sit that match out.

Just a thought, Trapr

Trapr,

I think that is a good idea. Way too smart, though. Besides, what difference does it make if there are 5 or 50, really? I pay an entry fee just like anyone else.

The pistol match director's aren't throwing out revo just because of low turnouts, are they? If results are shown overall & then by division, who really cares how many in your division. You really good limited shooters are going to embarass so many of the tactical & open guys, does it really matter how many are in the limited division?

MLM

Here is a brainstorming thought, what if to increase participation in all the "other" divisions. Say you have a 300 person match, 50 slots for HM, 50 slots for Open, 50 slots for Iron, and the balance 150 slots for Tac optic. The first people to get their entries in or picked or whatever, fill the division they chose. After that if you want to shoot the match you have to choose from the available slots. If you don't like your choices then you can choose to sit that match out.

Just a thought, Trapr

And if you really want to get into the match when all the slots in your category are taken, well I guess it is time to learn to shoot irons! (I really feel like giggling but I won't)

' If results are shown overall & then by division, who really cares how many in your division.' MLM the prize table would be better under the 'Trapr Plan' because of more people in the class means getting apportioned more prizes. In a non-prize match I do totally agree with you though!

We used to shoot heads up without classes and I liked that. Nothing like competeing againsted a major caliber tricked out comped gun with a minor caliber stock Glock.

Edited by gl

I would hate to see it go away. Unlike a lot people on this forum, I do not have the money to buy a high end optic. That is damn near what it takes to complete in Tac optics. Iron sights, free with rifle, I can kinda complete.

If you look at the cost side of it, it starts to get very expensive quick and not every one can afford it.

Even if I had money, I personally would not want to buy a scope. I shoot irons at work so I like to train and play with them. And I found that I can not shoot a scoped rifle worth a dang anyway.

If limited goes away, I most likely will stop playing.

Just my thoughts on it.

I'd say KEEP IT.

My .02

After 6-7 years of being one of the few who still shoots Irons on his rifle I finally broke down and bought a scope. BUT I have every intent of still shooting some matches with irons.

If only we could get more participation !

This whole thread is...at best...pot stirring. At worst...it is violating a number of different forum rules.

- Questionable/offesive pictures (and, I've been told they are copyrighted)

- Shots taken at IDPA and at USPSA (I'm pretty sure Kurt wasn't referring to either...as he said "big matches" and "Match Directors"...perhaps he will PM me with clarification)

- Shots taken at political figures.

I see that one of our moderators pulled the pics before i could get to it. Please regard the rules of the forum when posting here.

Pictures

Pictures are not different from posts. If it's even borderline offensive, or could be construed to be offensive, please do not post it or use it as an Avatar.

Politics

Policy or political debates of any kind are not welcome.

Specifically including (but not limited to):

- USPSA vs IPSC

- IPSC vs IDPA

- STI vs SVI

- Limited 10 vs Limited

- This Division vs That Division

- This Government vs That Government

Gun Control Issues

This is not a free speech issue. As a privately funded and collectively ran "information exchange," we have found that the emotional nature of political discussions weakens the informative impact of the Forum.

CLOSED